The Bourne Betrayal by Eric Van Lustbader

jchow

Hello everyone

I am almost done reading the Bourne Legacy, and from the looks of it, I'm a bit disappointed with this book. As a result, I was wondering if anyone has read The Bourne Betrayal and if they could tell me if it is worth reading it? And is it better than the Bourne Legacy?

Thanks

I think the reason you might be a little disapointed with this book is because it was not written by the master Robert Ludlum! After his passing the series ended. Eric Van Lustbader picked this up, but it just does not have the same flair. It is like Mark Winegardner who wrote The Godfather Returns. The book just did not have the same flair as the original writer, the true master, Mario Puzo. I guess my point to all of this is to read the original works by Robert Ludlum. They are the originals and I promise you won't be disapointed.

The Robert Ludlum books are:

The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Ultimatum

I am not sure if you have read these or not. I hope I could help.

Oh yah I knew about the The Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum and how Eric Van Lustbader is the new author who picked up the Bourne Betrayal, but I was wondering if it's worth reading? Because after reading The Bourne Legacy, I was disappointed.

I do want to read the first three books though... I heard The Bourne Identity and Supremacy are the best ones of the series.

Well, I read the originals and wondered how a new author could take the series. But I read another book by Lustbader ("The Testament") and I liked it. I thought I might give his Bourne books a try. But Ludlum rocks and I just don't think anyone could do the series justice.

Well, I read the originals and wondered how a new author could take the series. But I read another book by Lustbader ("The Testament") and I liked it. I thought I might give his Bourne books a try. But Ludlum rocks and I just don't think anyone could do the series justice.

I agree. I stoped after the first three.

Which Bourne series is your favourite? Is the book close to the movie?

Um. . . good question. My favorite is the Bourne Identity. It just kicks everything off and the mystery is good. The books and the movies are actually fairly similar. I enjoyed the movies and Matt Damon played a really good part.

Um. . . good question. My favorite is the Bourne Identity. It just kicks everything off and the mystery is good. The books and the movies are actually fairly similar. I enjoyed the movies and Matt Damon played a really good part.

Yah the reason why I want to read the book is because I'm a huge fan of the movies... Matt Damon did do a good job playing as Jason Bourne.

I'm wondering if they're gonna make The Bourne Legacy into a movie :D I know Matt Damon did talk about making more Bourne films but he said it's very unlikely.

Yah the reason why I want to read the book is because I'm a huge fan of the movies... Matt Damon did do a good job playing as Jason Bourne.

I'm wondering if they're gonna make The Bourne Legacy into a movie :D I know Matt Damon did talk about making more Bourne films but he said it's very unlikely.

I haven't read the books yet but I just loved the films. Unfortunately, from what I've read I think the Bourne Ultimatum was the last. Shame :D

The books were written in a different time period, so although the storyline is very similar, I think the movies are a bit different. AND the second book and the second movie diverge a lot. Not in a bad way though IMHO.

I thought the first book was great, the second was pretty good but the third in that series kicked ass. Those three I've reread a few times. The others that followed aren't on my bookshelf so I haven't reread them as much.

The books were written in a different time period, so although the storyline is very similar, I think the movies are a bit different. AND the second book and the second movie diverge a lot. Not in a bad way though IMHO.

I thought the first book was great, the second was pretty good but the third in that series kicked ass. Those three I've reread a few times. The others that followed aren't on my bookshelf so I haven't reread them as much.

Yah I didn't like the Bourne Legacy.. I was really disappointed with it. I'm reading Bourne Identity now and from the looks of it, it is a bit different than the movie... but it's not a bad thing though because the films kicked ass.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by O's

I liked the 4th Bourne book, its pacing and action worked well. If you have read his ninja series, Lustbader excels at fight scenes and chases.

Yah that's true, the fight scenes were pretty good actually.

Were his ninja series any good?