Ecko

Hi Ecko, welcome to the forum.

Here are my top 5:

1.  And Then There Were None

2.  The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

3.  Lord Edgware Dies

4.  Murder on the Orient Express

5.  Evil Under the Sun

All are Poirot mysteries, except for the first.  I'm still reading my way through all of the Poirots (there are 30+), but this is my current listing.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if it's the correct place to post this question, but I watched 'Murder on the Orient Express' this week and really enjoyed it, it made me want to read some Agatha Christie. So which Agatha Christie books would you suggest I read first? I've only read one of hers, can't remember the name of it, but it was neither  a 'Marple' nor a 'Poirot'. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, karen.d said:

Not sure if it's the correct place to post this question, but I watched 'Murder on the Orient Express' this week and really enjoyed it, it made me want to read some Agatha Christie. So which Agatha Christie books would you suggest I read first? I've only read one of hers, can't remember the name of it, but it was neither  a 'Marple' nor a 'Poirot'. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions :)

Ooh, lots of choice!

Personally, as much as I like the Marples & Poirots, I really rate the Tommy & Tuppence books and other stand alones. Tommy and Tuppence books are kind of more of a spy type mystery. The first one is The Secret Adversary and there's also N or M and a couple more, I think.

Other stand alones that are really good are And then there were none (to use its modern title) and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

To be honest though, you can't really go wrong with any of them. The only ones I've struggled with in the past are At Bertram's Hotel and 4.50 to Paddington and that might have been more to do with my frame of mind at the time rather than them being bad books.

On 12/23/2017 at 2:32 AM, More reading time required said:

Ooh, lots of choice!

Personally, as much as I like the Marples & Poirots, I really rate the Tommy & Tuppence books and other stand alones. Tommy and Tuppence books are kind of more of a spy type mystery. The first one is The Secret Adversary and there's also N or M and a couple more, I think.

Other stand alones that are really good are And then there were none (to use its modern title) and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

To be honest though, you can't really go wrong with any of them. The only ones I've struggled with in the past are At Bertram's Hotel and 4.50 to Paddington and that might have been more to do with my frame of mind at the time rather than them being bad books.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll pick one of the 'Marple' books first!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, karen.d said:

I have just started reading And then there were none. It's been very interesting so far. Id recommended.