What's Up in October 2017?

Athena

6 hours ago, Talisman said:

Coran and I are having the usual quiet weekend. We went to Sainsbury's for the weekly food shop this morning and then went to Polesden Lacey, one of the nearby National Trust estates for lunch and a walk around the grounds. It was such a nice day that it seemed a waste to sit indoors. The clocks go back tonight so we won't be able to sit outdoors and read for too much longer after all. 

Sainsbury's have 25 percent off their clothes this weekend so I bought myself a lovely flame coloured hat for the trip to Iceland at the end of the year, as I needed a new one. It is hard to believe that this time last month I was visiting Croatia in 23 degree sunshine. 

I thought the Sainsbury's sale was excellent ! I got a bunch of long sleeved t-shirts in jewel colours, some new leggings, a Snoopy set of Jim-jams and a green sweater dress ( I usually find green a bit school uniform-y, but this was a pretty tweedy green ). :)

16 hours ago, Talisman said:

Coran and I are having the usual quiet weekend. We went to Sainsbury's for the weekly food shop this morning and then went to Polesden Lacey, one of the nearby National Trust estates for lunch and a walk around the grounds. It was such a nice day that it seemed a waste to sit indoors. The clocks go back tonight so we won't be able to sit outdoors and read for too much longer after all. 

Sainsbury's have 25 percent off their clothes this weekend so I bought myself a lovely flame coloured hat for the trip to Iceland at the end of the year, as I needed a new one. It is hard to believe that this time last month I was visiting Croatia in 23 degree sunshine. 

I'm glad you're having a nice weekend so far :).

10 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Fantastic pics, Gaia and Muggle. So beautiful. :)

Fingers crossed for the house move, Virginia. :)

Just trying to type on kindle, while my cat peeps over my shoulder....

Thanks, Sarah :).

10 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I thought the Sainsbury's sale was excellent ! I got a bunch of long sleeved t-shirts in jewel colours, some new leggings, a Snoopy set of Jim-jams and a green sweater dress ( I usually find green a bit school uniform-y, but this was a pretty tweedy green ). :)

I'm glad you found some nice clothes :).

Today should be a relatively quiet day here. I feel pretty tired from the stuff I've been doing lately, so it'll be good to get some rest. Maybe I'll do some reading.

I've had a quiet weekend.  Got my haircut on Friday afternoon, then started my Christmas shopping yesterday ... mostly browsing and considering but I did manage to buy to presents, so it's a start. :D  Made the most of the clocks changing and had a lie-in this morning, then up and out for a swim.  Did some housework this afternoon, and now relaxing in front of the television for the evening.

Met up with poppyshake yesterday for tea, toast and a chat.  Had a lovely few hours catching up, and then a wander around the bookshop ... what could be better!  Then headed back towards home, stopped off for a bite to eat, then met up with my friend for a trip to the cinema.

Today has been shopping for tools and supplies to carry on the work on the house, then I had to go for my annual flu vaccination.  Went for a swim this afternoon, and now putting my feet up for an hour before tea.

Hoping to go Christmas shopping tomorrow.  I've actually made a list - something I never do! :D  

I am having another busy week at work, but next week will be even busier with several important meetings to do with various things.

One of the websites that Coran has been working on is for GIRES (Gender Identity and Research Education Council). Through them she was invited to attend a conference in London on Monday about LGBT people in the finance industry and the challenges they face. Even though Coran has never worked in finance, when they heard about her book and spoke to her in person, they liked her so much that they invited her to moderate one of the tables. She had great fun and they were so impressed with what she had to say that they gave her a free bottle of champagne to take home. It's chilling in the fridge so we will open it over the weekend and enjoy ourselves. This was though a really good opportunity for her though and great experience. I am really proud of her.