What's Up in October 2017?

Athena

Wow, can you believe it's October already?!

I had a great day yesterday, spending some time shopping with my boyfriend and spending some time with my family. I briefly saw my brother and his girlfriend. Tonight we're having dinner with my parents.

My grandfather is out of the hospital and now has to stay at a place where they'll give him heavy physiotherapy and such, probably for 6 weeks. My grandmother hasn't been feeling too great due to her own health problems, but gladly my family so far have all been very supportive of the both of them, which I think is really nice.

What's up with you in October?

I have to get up at 3am tomorrow to catch a flight to Berlin. A few weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to go on an overnight trip somewhere and Berlin was the cheapest. The daft thing is that I get back at about 7pm on Tuesday and them I'm back at work on Wednesday morning. I did not think this through :giggle2:

Whoops, it seems several of us posted in the wrong thread :doh: I didn't even notice it this morning.

Copy of my post from the other thread:

I'm glad you had a good time :)! (@ Talisman)

I spent a bit of time with my sister the past week, it was nice to spend some time with her :).

My grandfather is slowly improving. I made him a homemade card. I also wrote a letter to my grandmother.

I guess in retrospect I had quite a bit of contact with my family during the past week :).

How was everyone else's week?

My short Berlin trip was great, I really do love that City, I think this was something like my 8th or 9th visit. Once I got back I had to go back to work after a month off which was hard but it was good to catch up with my workmates again.

Glad to hear that your Grandfather is improving Gaia.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Brian. said:

I have to get up at 3am tomorrow to catch a flight to Berlin. A few weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to go on an overnight trip somewhere and Berlin was the cheapest. The daft thing is that I get back at about 7pm on Tuesday and them I'm back at work on Wednesday morning. I did not think this through :giggle2:

I am even worse Brian. I am going to Iceland on Boxing Day at 3.30 in the afternoon and flying back again on 28th, arriving back home at 22.45pm. I am back to work the following morning at 7.30am! :o It will be a quiet time at work though with not many people around so I have told my boss not to expect me before 9am. I will work through lunch and finish at the normal time I expect - around 3.30/4pmish. I then have another 3 days off to recover.:)

I am settling back into work after my trip to Croatia, which was amazingly brilliant and fantastic. I loved every minute of my time there and will definitely be going back, as there is so much to see. It is not that far from Montenegro and Bosnia either, which I hear are both nice. First things first though, I have to pay for the trip to Iceland - and Spain in February/March next year.

We are driving up to Bar Harbor, Maine. We leave tomorrow morning (Sunday) and will be there for a week. It is a long drive, about 1020 miles one way. We hope to see some nice fall foliage on the trip up similar to what I have attached from a previous year. Looking forward to having lobster every day. :)

Fall Foliage.jpg

Just got back from two glorious weeks in Majorca, sunshine, lots of walking, eating and drinking.  Being looked after and not worrying about the cooking or washing up all done for me.

Lots of washing to do now I am home but it was worth it.

Hey y'all!

I've been MIA for a while, just popping in and lurking. Been pretty busy helping dd get situated in her new home. Her hubby is about 9 hours away until Monday when he'll be 19 HOURS AWAY. This is why they moved back. His job keeps him gone. I've been taking the kids out and about and helping her fit up their home. She's a true "nester," gotta feather her nest before the weather sets in. One thing that's changed is that she has a live in nanny. She moved from El Paso and will get free room and board and a little allowance (she can work part time). Seems to work and the kids really seem to like her. 

OAN, we put in an offer for a new home. Our lease is up by the end of the year although we can stay an additional 6 months if we need to. The house is right up the road from us, in the same subdivision. It is on a lake (with geese!!!) and its so tranquil! It's been on the market since the summer. He was trying to sell it on his own but decided to place it with a real estate agent last month. We'll know by Sunday evening if the offer is accepted. 

I'm doing light reading and have listened to a few audiobooks. I am still kind of scatter brained though. So much seems to be going on. 

Please send prayers and good wishes our way, if it goes the way we hope, we'll be in our  new home by 20 December!

On 10/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, Virginia said:

Hey y'all!

I've been MIA for a while, just popping in and lurking. Been pretty busy helping dd get situated in her new home. Her hubby is about 9 hours away until Monday when he'll be 19 HOURS AWAY. This is why they moved back. His job keeps him gone. I've been taking the kids out and about and helping her fit up their home. She's a true "nester," gotta feather her nest before the weather sets in. One thing that's changed is that she has a live in nanny. She moved from El Paso and will get free room and board and a little allowance (she can work part time). Seems to work and the kids really seem to like her. 

OAN, we put in an offer for a new home. Our lease is up by the end of the year although we can stay an additional 6 months if we need to. The house is right up the road from us, in the same subdivision. It is on a lake (with geese!!!) and its so tranquil! It's been on the market since the summer. He was trying to sell it on his own but decided to place it with a real estate agent last month. We'll know by Sunday evening if the offer is accepted. 

I'm doing light reading and have listened to a few audiobooks. I am still kind of scatter brained though. So much seems to be going on. 

Please send prayers and good wishes our way, if it goes the way we hope, we'll be in our  new home by 20 December!

How did this go Virginia? Did he accept the offer?

9 hours ago, vodkafan said:

How did this go Virginia? Did he accept the offer?

Hey James!

As of today, we have a home under contract!!! The closing date is 6 December if everything goes as planned. So excited! I've spent the morning with dh finishing up with the paperwork. The agent said that he was very impressed with my organization. I had everything he needed, lol!

Spent the weekend tending to sick grands. They are all coming down with the crud, including mommy. We have to be extra careful with the baby as she's only 4 months and you may remember, a preemie. The weather is ugly right now, its raining on and off and dark as night. We're under tornado watch til tonight. Glad we don't have to go back out!

On 10/15/2017 at 12:30 AM, muggle not said:

We are driving up to Bar Harbor, Maine. We leave tomorrow morning (Sunday) and will be there for a week. It is a long drive, about 1020 miles one way. We hope to see some nice fall foliage on the trip up similar to what I have attached from a previous year. Looking forward to having lobster every day. :)

I hope you have / had a great trip :)!

On 10/18/2017 at 1:53 PM, shirley said:

Just got back from two glorious weeks in Majorca, sunshine, lots of walking, eating and drinking.  Being looked after and not worrying about the cooking or washing up all done for me.

Lots of washing to do now I am home but it was worth it.

I hope you had a great vacation :)!

On 10/20/2017 at 11:32 PM, Virginia said:

I'm sending good thoughts your way :).

I've been on holiday to France for a week and am now back home. We had lots of fun :D. We were very lucky with the weather.

The view from the house:

AView01_025.jpg

Gorges du Verdon:

Gorges41_025.jpg

Gorges du Verdon:

Gorges09_025.jpg

Gorges du Verdon:

TheLake10_025.jpg

Saint Tropez:

SaintTropez15_025.jpg

Saint Maxime:

SaintTropez22_025.jpg

Now we're back home and resting, I'm busy catching up with online stuff (like this forum). Tomorrow it's my birthday, so I'm excited for that. Most of my family will visit on Sunday the 5th of November. Tomorrow will just be a small celebration here at the house, Michael and I plan to make homemade pizza for dinner and have it together with my mum.

Coran and I are having the usual quiet weekend. We went to Sainsbury's for the weekly food shop this morning and then went to Polesden Lacey, one of the nearby National Trust estates for lunch and a walk around the grounds. It was such a nice day that it seemed a waste to sit indoors. The clocks go back tonight so we won't be able to sit outdoors and read for too much longer after all. 

Sainsbury's have 25 percent off their clothes this weekend so I bought myself a lovely flame coloured hat for the trip to Iceland at the end of the year, as I needed a new one. It is hard to believe that this time last month I was visiting Croatia in 23 degree sunshine.