What's Up in September 2017?

Athena

Hey y'all!

Ever type out a substantial and witty post only to have it magically disappear? Yup, it happened to me. I was three paragraphs in, then it disappeared and I was so disgusted I had to leave the forum for a minute, lol!

Now I can't remember what it was I was writing about so, yeah, there's that!

Spent today walking around the farmers market, people watching and buying produce. I then swung by and picked up the grands for a few hours at the park, dropped them off after a run to McDonald's. Picked up a few things from the grocery store for dd, had a chat with her landlord and then headed home (forgot the stop at Barnes and Noble for a velvet cheese cake for the hubby and cookie for me:rolleyes:) home to drop off the produce then back out to pick up a few weekend essentials, showered, eat with a bottle of hard cider and the movie San Andreas (the Rock).

Tomorrow I refuse to leave the house except to walk Kizzy and sit on the patio. Right now, life is good!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, SaraPepparkaka said:

Just thought I'd visit. It's been a while. Hope everyone is OK!

Hi, nice to see you again! How've you been?

9 hours ago, Virginia said:

Hey y'all!

Ever type out a substantial and witty post only to have it magically disappear? Yup, it happened to me. I was three paragraphs in, then it disappeared and I was so disgusted I had to leave the forum for a minute, lol!

Now I can't remember what it was I was writing about so, yeah, there's that!

For me the forum restores my post-draft if I accidentally close the page. Sorry to hear you lost your post :(.

Spent today walking around the farmers market, people watching and buying produce. I then swung by and picked up the grands for a few hours at the park, dropped them off after a run to McDonald's. Picked up a few things from the grocery store for dd, had a chat with her landlord and then headed home (forgot the stop at Barnes and Noble for a velvet cheese cake for the hubby and cookie for me:rolleyes:) home to drop off the produce then back out to pick up a few weekend essentials, showered, eat with a bottle of hard cider and the movie San Andreas (the Rock).

Tomorrow I refuse to leave the house except to walk Kizzy and sit on the patio. Right now, life is good!

I wish you a nice weekend :).

This afternoon my sister and her fiancé are coming by and they'll have dinner here, so we plan to spend some time with them :).

I'm glad your grandfather is recovering well, Gaia :)

Got everything sorted in the end - the bank gave me the overdraft without bothering to tell me, I realised a few days later when paying a bill. So I also paid my deposit, and am all set up with my student number and email. Halfway through week 2 of the course, and I've decided to tackle all six modules this semester (rather than 3 this semester and 3 in the 2018 Autumn semester). Three of the modules are in stuff I have a pretty good grasp of technically, and mostly focus on the technical side, so I think they'll be easy enough (famous last words). The other three are the meatier more theoretical modules and that's where the real learning is for me. Love it so far!

Hope everyone is well :D

Glad your grandmother is okay Gaia and that you managed to sort out your finances Noll.

I have finished work for the next 11 days and am off to Croatia in the morning, which I am really looking forward to. I said morning, but the flight isn't until 1pm, which is nice timing as it means I don't have to be at the airport until 11am. We only live half an hour away so I can still get a lie in. :) I wondered if I had made a mistake travelling hand luggage only, but I have just about managed to squeeze it all in. By the time all my gluten free bread is eaten there will be more space to bring a few things home, not that I usually bother. 

Hey y'all!

Enjoy your trip Tali!

Gaia, glad your grandfather is feeling better!

Wednesday late afternoon here and I've got two of my little girls with me today. I had their brother yesterday. He had a speech therapy appointment this morning so I just kept him over night. His mom has yet to manage time management and I always find myself waiting on her so its just easier this way. He gets some away from his siblings time and some one on one with mom and papa (us). After therapy, he got his McDonald's lunch and dropped off home. I then picked up Divas 1 & 2. They have vaccination appointments in the a.m. (same scenario) so they'll spend the night, get shots in the morning, a McDonald's happy meal and dropped off at home. THEN I pick up the eldest two boys. They have no appointments. I'm just going to get them out their house and the noisy babies for a bit. DD's hubby should be coming home either this weekend or no later than Monday. I won't see them for about a week. My feelings wont be hurt, lol!

Cooking dinner in a few, feeding the diva's and giving them their showers. A quick tidy up, some reading an early night. Before turning in for the night I need to make my shopping and to-do list for tomorrow.

Have a great day/afternoon/evening!

14 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I'm glad your grandfather is recovering well, Gaia :)

Got everything sorted in the end - the bank gave me the overdraft without bothering to tell me, I realised a few days later when paying a bill. So I also paid my deposit, and am all set up with my student number and email. Halfway through week 2 of the course, and I've decided to tackle all six modules this semester (rather than 3 this semester and 3 in the 2018 Autumn semester). Three of the modules are in stuff I have a pretty good grasp of technically, and mostly focus on the technical side, so I think they'll be easy enough (famous last words). The other three are the meatier more theoretical modules and that's where the real learning is for me. Love it so far!

Thanks, Noll :). I'm glad things got sorted in the end, good luck with studying :)!

12 hours ago, Talisman said:

Glad your grandmother is okay Gaia and that you managed to sort out your finances Noll.

I have finished work for the next 11 days and am off to Croatia in the morning, which I am really looking forward to. I said morning, but the flight isn't until 1pm, which is nice timing as it means I don't have to be at the airport until 11am. We only live half an hour away so I can still get a lie in. :) I wondered if I had made a mistake travelling hand luggage only, but I have just about managed to squeeze it all in. By the time all my gluten free bread is eaten there will be more space to bring a few things home, not that I usually bother. 

Thanks, June :)! I wish you very happy holidays :)!

8 hours ago, Virginia said:

Wednesday late afternoon here and I've got two of my little girls with me today. I had their brother yesterday. He had a speech therapy appointment this morning so I just kept him over night. His mom has yet to manage time management and I always find myself waiting on her so its just easier this way. He gets some away from his siblings time and some one on one with mom and papa (us). After therapy, he got his McDonald's lunch and dropped off home. I then picked up Divas 1 & 2. They have vaccination appointments in the a.m. (same scenario) so they'll spend the night, get shots in the morning, a McDonald's happy meal and dropped off at home. THEN I pick up the eldest two boys. They have no appointments. I'm just going to get them out their house and the noisy babies for a bit. DD's hubby should be coming home either this weekend or no later than Monday. I won't see them for about a week. My feelings wont be hurt, lol!

Thanks, Virginia :). I wish you a great rest of the week and weekend too :).

Hey y'all!

Enjoy your trip Tali!

Cooking dinner in a few, feeding the diva's and giving them their showers. A quick tidy up, some reading an early night. Before turning in for the night I need to make my shopping and to-do list for tomorrow.

Have a great day/afternoon/evening!

"Divas" :giggle2:

sounds like a very hectic day. Hope you did manage to get some deserved me time. 

13 hours ago, Talisman said:

Have a great time! :)

You never know, maybe you will find something to bring home this time. :)

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far. 

• Athena unpinned this topic

I got back from Croatia a couple of hours ago - I landed just after 3pm, and it was BRILLIANT. I am so glad I went. It is an amazing country and not expensive  - the whole trip flights, accommodation and spending money cost about £65 per day and that includes eating our almost every day. I stayed in 2 beautiful apartments as well, all to myself. Both lovely places, quiet but central and perfect for me.

It is hard to say which of the two cities I preferred - Split or Dubrovnik. Split is less touristy, as although some areas of the city were used for Game of Thrones, Dubrovnik is the big draw. Split is more laid back and a lot more compact with more of a Mediterranean feel. Dubrovnik on the other hand is just beautiful. I spent most of my time of course exploring the old city but also ventured further afield to Trsteno where the Kings Landing garden scenes were filmed and Cavtat which is a nice little seaside resort for relaxing and chilling out. I also managed to see the fortress at Klis which was where a lot of the Mereen scenes were filmed, and Trogir and Lokrum both of which were used as Qarth. I am going to have another GOT fest now so I can recognise all the different places I have been to and boast about it!

It is though all back to normality - whatever that is. The weather was beautiful during my time there - 25 degrees every day until last night when the temperature started to drop and we had torrential downpours. That seems to be a theme for me though that I always get the good weather and it starts raining when it's time to leave!  

I'm glad you had a good time :)!

I spent a bit of time with my sister the past week, it was nice to spend some time with her :).

My grandfather is slowly improving. I made him a homemade card. I also wrote a letter to my grandmother.

I guess in retrospect I had quite a bit of contact with my family during the past week :).

How was everyone else's week?

Glad to hear you had such a great time, Talisman :)

That is such good news about your grandad! Hope he can make a full recovery. 

I had to work yesterday for a few hours, then went to see Goodbye Christopher Robin which was very good.