Eds reading list 2017

Eds

I have just started on this website and this is my first topic. I don't know if i'll continue this but I plan on writing down the various books i'm reading, wether that is at school or just at home. I enjoy reading and hope someone finds this interesting or useful although I doubt it! I'm still getting used to this but I hope to tell anyone who sees this my personal opinion on what I'm reading. I hope anyone who finds this and reads it enjoys. 

So it's near the end of August 2017 and I'm currently reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Only being on page 63, I can't form a very strong opinion on it so far. It has followed Bateman and his friends and they often go on about 'hardbodies' and are always talking about the look of the girls they meet/see. As a young girl i don't so far like this although I can understand that the book is from a time (I know the way I say this sounds like it was written in the 1800's, sorry) were women weren't treated as they are now. I do not know if I am thinking of this as too much of a feminist and should just read it as though it is that time or if I should continue reading it as a young girl who has grown up in a world more excepting and less judgmental of women. I also do understand that this is a story but things like this are very important to me. I am going to continue reading this and hope to continue posting my opinion on it so far. I'm not too sure if this is what most people do, but I am going to see if it works for me. I hope anyone who sees this can reply. 

Tell me if you have read this book and your thoughts. Thanks Eds

Hi Eds....welcome to the forum.

I read American Psycho many many years ago but didn't enjoy it. However, I bought it a couple of months ago as it was only £0.99 for Kindle. I've yet to read it again....not sure if my opinion will have changed though! :lol: