Matt Johnson - crime thriller author and your newest member

Matt Johnson

Good morning.

This is the very first book-related forum I have registered on, and until this morning I wasn't aware they existed. Looking forward to engaging with like-minded people and hearing recommendations. 

I'm a recently published author, having stepped into this world quite accidentally after writing my first book as part of my therapy for PTSD. 

Being an ex-soldier and cop, not too surprisingly I went against the advice of many of our best authors and decided to write about what I know.

Books - I've just started reading 'THE SLAP' and I'm working on my third, due to be published Spring 2018.

Best regards,

Matt.

Hello Matt and welcome and thanks for your service in keeping us all safe. I really appreciate it and I'm sure many more people do but don't get the chance to say thank you. You do what we cannot.

Writing is very therapeutic, so many people say. Keeping a diary is the best therapy, so long as no one else reads it! Putting thoughts down that you don't want to carry around with you is useful.

I enjoy writing novels, not for therapy, but to write what I would like to read and hasn't been written yet. I'm on my fourth now. It keeps me very busy.

And reading - oh yay! I just wish I had more time in every day. I love reading, just adore getting lost in a good book.

I hope you'll enjoy the forum - there's plenty to find on here. There's a writing thread somewhere...

42 minutes ago, Lau_Lou said:

Hello and welcome, Matt :)

I am a very big admirer of the Police Force, having seen first hand the work they do to keep their community safe, so thank you :)

Congratulations on your book.

That's really very kind of you, thanks. 

51 minutes ago, Anna Faversham said:

Hello Matt and welcome and thanks for your service in keeping us all safe. I really appreciate it and I'm sure many more people do but don't get the chance to say thank you. You do what we cannot.

Writing is very therapeutic, so many people say. Keeping a diary is the best therapy, so long as no one else reads it! Putting thoughts down that you don't want to carry around with you is useful.

I enjoy writing novels, not for therapy, but to write what I would like to read and hasn't been written yet. I'm on my fourth now. It keeps me very busy.

And reading - oh yay! I just wish I had more time in every day. I love reading, just adore getting lost in a good book.

I hope you'll enjoy the forum - there's plenty to find on here. There's a writing thread somewhere...

Thank you for those kind words, Anna. I'm looking forward to learning how a forum works!

• 3 months later...

Welcome Matt!  :D I just wanted to be the first to say that...this is a great place. What sort of books do you read for pleasure? I enjoyed  The Slap myself. Hard to place it into a genre.  

Hey did you know there is another Matt Johnson author in America? I just googled and you both came up. 

Edited by vodkafan