What's Up in August 2017?

Athena

Hey y'all!

Just popping in to say, "HEY!" lol! Not much going on here. I saw my client this morning, stopped by the store to pick some things up, home to shower and veg out. Might be the order of the weekend. Well, I do plan to walk around the farmer's market and maybe sit at Starbucks and try to look "artsy!" Then it will be back home to cool off. Temps have been NEARING 100 but the "real feel" is often about 103ish. I've given up walking my Kizzy as its just too much for her. I took her out yesterday after the rain and the poor beast was panting something fierce. It took her most of the afternoon to recoup. I try to get her out in the early mornings but its been really hard to get out and if I can get out its because I have to run an errand. The heat doesn't let up til after the sun goes down. So, her walks will be infrequent til there's a break in the weather.

Our dd and her family are making plans to move the family back to South Carolina by the end of the year. I'm truly truly glad! It worries me that she is 1649 miles from family that she can depend on, a real support group. She's in dire need of it with 6 little ones and her hubby traveling all across the country. I'm looking forward to being able to take them to the beach, the park, library, festivals, et al!!

Guess I'll find something to read, til reads to me!

My brother and his girlfriend have safely arrived back in the Netherlands. They've been away since January, visiting various countries. I should be seeing them this weekend!! I look forward to it :).

I wish you, Chesil and Virginia, and everyone else, a great weekend :)!

On 8/19/2017 at 6:06 AM, Athena said:

My brother and his girlfriend have safely arrived back in the Netherlands. They've been away since January, visiting various countries. I should be seeing them this weekend!! I look forward to it :).

I wish you, Chesil and Virginia, and everyone else, a great weekend :)!

I hope you had the BEST time with your brother and his girlfriend over the weekend!

Not much going on today. I've walked 4 miles and cleaned my house, ate lunch and showered. Now I'm just waiting for the eclipse to happen. Evidently I'm in a prime real estate area. I live in South Carolina and we will see it in "totality." Totality is the word of the century, lol! Anyway, my state i host playing host to almost 2 million eclipse chasers. It's safe to assume I'll be staying close to home, Hubby had planned to but ds needs him to go pick up his new car and he walked out the house without his glasses! 

Have a great day all!

15 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I hope they had a good time :)

I am back to work today after  two weeks off. Still bank holiday next Monday so there is that.  

They did, thanks :). Good luck with work and have fun next Monday :).

14 hours ago, shirley said:

Hope you had a good weekend catching up with family Athena I bet they have so many stories to tell. Will take more than one weekend.

I definitely did :)!

9 hours ago, Virginia said:

I hope you had the BEST time with your brother and his girlfriend over the weekend!

Not much going on today. I've walked 4 miles and cleaned my house, ate lunch and showered. Now I'm just waiting for the eclipse to happen. Evidently I'm in a prime real estate area. I live in South Carolina and we will see it in "totality." Totality is the word of the century, lol! Anyway, my state i host playing host to almost 2 million eclipse chasers. It's safe to assume I'll be staying close to home, Hubby had planned to but ds needs him to go pick up his new car and he walked out the house without his glasses! 

Have a great day all!

I had a great time :)!

How was the eclipse?

I hope your family in Texas are okay Virginia - and any other members out there at the moment.   

We have just had our last Bank Holiday of the year here in the UK until Christmas, which is guaranteed to cheer everyone up. It was beautiful weather, with temperatures as high as 26 degrees in places.

Coran and I had a lazy Saturday doing the food shop and generally lounging around, then on Sunday we went into Guildford for some shopping and for a belated anniversary lunch in Pizza Express. I tried their new vegan pizza (gluten free as well!) which is really very nice, followed by some absolutely delicious dairy free coconut ice cream.

On Monday we went on a tour of our local vineyard which was also very interesting - even though neither of us are really wine drinkers. We go there quite often to visit the coffee shop and have often seen the little train that takes people around and thought that it looked fun, so when I saw an offer on Travelzoo for just £9 for 2 adults with a free glass of wine it was too good to pass up. We had a nice lunch beforehand with some more ice cream and then afterwards sat out in the sun reading. Altogether that wasn't a bad weekend then. It is nice to have a shorter working week to go back to, and won't be long now until I go to Croatia. We have a Sigur Ros concert in London to look forward to first though on 21st and of course I am also seeking them in Reykjavik after Christmas. I am really looking forward to that.  

On 8/18/2017 at 10:19 AM, chesilbeach said:

Ah, the weekend at last.  It's been a long, busy week, but finally the weekend has come around. :smile2:

Been out for coffee and lunch, as well as a trip to the cinema and a visit to my dad.  Back home in front of the cricket while OH is cooking dinner, and then going to catch up on MasterChef Australia 2017 which has just started showing here in the UK.  Hoping for a relaxing weekend with lots of nothing to do. :giggle2:

Hope everyone else has a good weekend too.:flowers2:

I've been wondering how your quilt was going :) We just got back from vacation in a small town in Oregon, there was a material/ quilting shop we stopped in and met the kindest labradoodle. He was the shop greeter. We went in everyday we were there :)

14 hours ago, Talisman said:

I hope your family in Texas are okay Virginia - and any other members out there at the moment.  

I hope this too :(.

14 hours ago, Talisman said:

Coran and I had a lazy Saturday doing the food shop and generally lounging around, then on Sunday we went into Guildford for some shopping and for a belated anniversary lunch in Pizza Express. I tried their new vegan pizza (gluten free as well!) which is really very nice, followed by some absolutely delicious dairy free coconut ice cream.

On Monday we went on a tour of our local vineyard which was also very interesting - even though neither of us are really wine drinkers. We go there quite often to visit the coffee shop and have often seen the little train that takes people around and thought that it looked fun, so when I saw an offer on Travelzoo for just £9 for 2 adults with a free glass of wine it was too good to pass up. We had a nice lunch beforehand with some more ice cream and then afterwards sat out in the sun reading. Altogether that wasn't a bad weekend then. It is nice to have a shorter working week to go back to, and won't be long now until I go to Croatia. We have a Sigur Ros concert in London to look forward to first though on 21st and of course I am also seeking them in Reykjavik after Christmas. I am really looking forward to that.  

It sounds like you had a nice time :).

13 hours ago, Anna Begins said:

I've been wondering how your quilt was going :) We just got back from vacation in a small town in Oregon, there was a material/ quilting shop we stopped in and met the kindest labradoodle. He was the shop greeter. We went in everyday we were there :)

Hi!! :D.

I had a nice weekend, I went into town and to the market and did some shopping, and I spent some time with my boyfriend and family. We had a nice family dinner on Saturday. My brother and his girlfriend came by briefly on Sunday, it was nice to spent some time with them too.

• Athena unpinned this topic