Kindle in Motion

Athena

Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authors. In her recent newsletter it said she had released a new short story called Mermaid (Kindle in Motion) (Amazon US) / Mermaid (Kindle in Motion) (Amazon UK).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Kindle in Motion story? I'd like to read the story but I only have a 'normal' Kindle (Paperwhite), which I presume will not be able to use the motion features. I do have Kindle on PC (the program / app) and the Kindle app on my phone, so I suppose that would work (although it would be uncomfortable to read that way). What can I expect, moving images (that's what the video preview makes me believe)? Has anyone else read a Kindle in Motion story?

I've never heard of Kindle in Motion, but it looks like it has been around for nearly a year. :o I've just look at a couple of You Tube videos, and it looks interesting but a tad gimmicky. I only have a Paperwhite, but I also have the Kindle app on my phone. The first Harry Potter book is being released as a Kindle in Motion book next month, and I think that would be pretty cool, but there isn't a very big selection of books which feature it. I wonder why Amazon didn't promote it more?? 

I hadn't heard of this either. I don't think it would be something I would be interested in anyway. I can see that it may be good for children's or even YA books, or possibly even travel books, but for me personally I would find it too distracting. For me at least the whole idea of reading is to read and not be distracted by all this other stuff.   

No, I'm not sure that it's my thing either. I think I would rather just read the book (or story), the motions would probably distract me (gifs and photos do that already in blogs I read). I think if I read a Kindle in Motion on my Kindle Paperwhite I should just get the story, if I understood it correctly.