Nobel Prize for booky writing type stuff, 2007, goes to...

There you go,Andy - I changed "Novel" to "Nobel". Funny - I was just saying to my hubby, "I wonder if he meant "Nobel"," but then I convinced myself otherwise till I got in and read it.:lol:

I remember reading The Golden Notebook many many years ago when I was a student and loving it. Not much of it has stayed with me unfortunately, but I know that at the time I thought it was quite profound.

I've also read a couple of her books that are set in South Africa and they were very good too. I'm thinking now that perhaps I should revisit The Golden Notebook (like I don't have enough on my TBR list already) :lol:

• 7 years later...

Old thread, I know, but I've just finished my first Doris Lessing book, The Grass Is Singing. I think it's her best known book, and seen as something of a modern classic. I have to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I thought it was very well written, and the story was interesting, but with a fair bit of ambiguity that googling doesn't even help with. :doh: That's a good thing, but also quite frustrating, because I want to know certain things that are only ever vaguely hinted at.

I'll most certainly be reading more of her other books. My version of The Grass Is Singing came with another 4 books, which was a nice surprise as it wasn't mentioned anywhere when I bought it.