Hello, 

I'm an early 20s girl which doesn't take the regular road in life I guess. I'm into art and that comes with lots of fear of failing, being passive, scared of coming out of my comfortzone and I struggle with depression and anxiety in general. Also I'm an introvert and search for things that suit my introverted self. I'm just searching for some good psychology, inspiring, selfhelp books that could do good for humanbeings like myself. I'm a bit thristy for some good old knowledge that could help me I guess. So if you know some that are good, let me know! I'm quite smart so I don't care if they're a bit on the deeper/difficult side. 

(read: I read The Secret, The Power Of Now, QUIET already) 

I'm very thankful for any suggestions! :)

I really enjoyed The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Guide Through Depression by Eric Maisel.

Synopsis from Amazon ...

Creative people will experience depression—that’s a given. It’s a given because they are regularly confronted by doubts about the meaningfulness of their efforts. Theirs is a kind of depression that does not respond to pharmaceutical treatment. What’s required is healing in the realm of meaning.

In this groundbreaking book, Eric Maisel teaches creative people how to handle these recurrent crises of meaning and how to successfully manage the anxieties of the creative process. Using examples both from the lives of famous creators such as van Gogh and from his own creativity coaching practice, Maisel explains that despite their inevitable difficulties, creative people possess the ability to forge relationships, repair themselves, and find meaning in their work and their lives. Maisel presents a step-by-step plan to help creative people handle their special brand of depression and rediscover the reasons they are driven to create in the first place.

All the best with finding your way through the struggles, you're certainly not alone in what you experience. You might find online forums, such as this one, a good way to have social contact without the demands and anxiety associated with face to face contact. :hug: