How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

48 so far, may finish one ot two more depending on how busy we are over the holidays, kids break up today. My challenge was to read 50 so happy really, plus I have dipped into a lot of health non fiction and been reading the same on the internet AND the kids are getting more and more homework so have been stretching my brain in all sorts of ways! :D

38 for me, which is about average. More importantly, I only gave two of those 2/5 stars, nine had 3/5, eighteen got 4/5 & a whopping 9 got 5/5

So far my total is 50. I've had good and bad reading years, so I am pretty pleased with this number, and I have enjoyed my reading which is what matters the most to me. Reading will be my sanity saver over Christmas, a wonderful escape hatch from all potential 'stuff'.  :D

Nice you've been resurrecting these threads :)! Yes, I have definitely noticed an increase in read books since I joined the forum :smile2:.

Sometimes it's fun to go over old threads and read the posts and perhaps even bump them up :smile2: 

I read much more books this year, than last year. And last year more than the year before (I joined the forum in 2013), and in 2013 more than in 2012.

I think the same thing happened to me: when I joined the forum, I read x number of books, and the next year I read more, and the next year I read more. That's what this forum does to you :D My total of books read has since come down a bit but that's life sometimes. Can't blame the forum for everything :P 

I joined Goodreads at the beginning of this year, and that has *significantly* increased my reading rate.  So far this year, I've read 32 books.  Before Goodreads I'd feel mightily pleased if I scraped through a dozen.  I do like to take my time with books, though.   ;)  I can't skim, or speed-read; somehow, to me, that seems disrespectful to the author.

Goodreads is a magical place, innit? :D 

I've read 40 books this year, which I think is a little less than last year, but more than the couple of years before that. So about average, I guess!

:o I thought it'd be more!  You read so fast!

For some reason I thought Kylie would've read more books by now, too! I somehow always feel like she's finishing a book!! :shrug::D 

I'm at 73 books and hope to get two more in before the end of the year.  I've never gone for an "even" number before.

This comment was 11 days ago and you've probably finished a few since then? But we're pretty much at the same ballpark: I just finished my 74th book :D 

For some reason I thought Kylie would've read more books by now, too! I somehow always feel like she's finishing a book!! :shrug::D

Maybe I just talk about books so much that it seems like I read more than I do. :( If I spent less time online, I'd have more time for reading! :D

I've only completed 43 books so far, less than half of last year's total.  Just too many other distractions lately. :)  I have, I think 4 on the go right now.  Not sure if I'll complete any of them before the end of the year. 

I'm quite chuffed with myself! In recent years, with Josh being so little, I haven't had as much time for reading, so I set myself a target of 2 books per month with a total of 24 books for the year. I've actually managed to read 52 books this year (and some of them were BIG FAT ones!) this year, so I've averaged one for each week of the year. :)

I'm quite chuffed with myself! In recent years, with Josh being so little, I haven't had as much time for reading, so I set myself a target of 2 books per month with a total of 24 books for the year. I've actually managed to read 52 books this year (and some of them were BIG FAT ones!) this year, so I've averaged one for each week of the year. :)

Yay well done you :) I really struggle to find the time to read now I have Ethan compared to the reading I used to do before him. 

Haven't finished any more books in the last 4 days, so I think my number for the year might be sticking at 123. Which, realistically, beats both targets I set myself - originally 100, upped to 120 about halfway through the year when I realised 100 wouldnt be a problem. 

Haven't finished any more books in the last 4 days, so I think my number for the year might be sticking at 123. Which, realistically, beats both targets I set myself - originally 100, upped to 120 about halfway through the year when I realised 100 wouldnt be a problem.

I think 123 is a great number :D.