• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  
aromaannie

How many books have you read this year?

81 which is my best year in terms of books read and also in terms of pages read. That will be me for the year as I don't think I'll have time to finish my current book before next year.

No idea! I haven't kept up with my log this year, and have had stops and starts in my reading. All I know for sure is that it's more than 36 - that's the books I did record in my log plus the one I have read recently.

What's a bit of a surprise is that not knowing isn't bothering me in the slightest, although I will attemot to keep a record here on in. 

I have surpassed my target pf 100, having finished no. 103 last night. I am hoping to manage one more, which will take the total for the year to 104. 

I finished book number 73 tonight, my second best total ever (2016 was my best, at exactly 80). However, it was my best year based on pages read: 23600, averaging 323, also my highest.  I'm delighted with all that, especially as I expected to read a lot fewer books this year, aiming to include more longer ones, and more non-fiction (which I find is always slower).

Edited by willoyd

At the beginning of this year, I set myself a target of reading 30 books and I made that target, yesterday. Just in time for the new year.

I finished 'Ghosts of Christmas Past' yesterday to make my total 35. I think that's probably going to be it for this year, since it's unlikely I'll finish another one tomorrow. I'm creeping closer to my target of 50 every year though so fingers crossed for 2019! :lol:

I've just finished book 42 - I won't start another till New Year's Day. Not a bad total, although it's all about the quality, not the quantity!

Read 94 books this year, but most of them have been manga and graphic novels. Only managed to read 16 actual books. Hope to read more in 2019 :).

2/3rds of the way through number 48, so didn't quite make 50, almost!

Edited by Madeleine

2, which is a good start, but given I should have finished them both last year it feels slightly hollow...

So far 2 - or slightly more accurately, 1 1/2 ! 

@Raven what is this word 'should' that I am reading? Don't make me go all fake Yoda on you! 

Read or read not. There is no should.  

:D

2 hours ago, Chrissy said:

what is this word 'should' that I am reading? Don't make me go all fake Yoda on you! 

Read or read not. There is no should.  

:D

@Chrissy You can go all fake Yoda on me any time you like!

3 so far for me - 21 percent through no. 4. 

3 - and halfway through another one.

I'm feeling quite proud that I'm on 7, which means I'm still on target to read 50 by the end of the year!

I've just finished number 8, so I'm going at my usual rate at the moment ie 4 books per month, more or less.

I've never actually kept track of how many books I read in a year, I'd guess on average maybe around 75, but I'm going to start as from March 1.

I've actually recently purchased a Leuchtturm1917 gridded notebook which I was planning on using as a sort of book journal - I'm only going to be keeping track of the title, series and author rather than a full on synopsis, review, rating etc. but I like the idea of having a record of all the books I've ever read. I wish I'd started it sooner though. Still, better late than never.