How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

70th book completed today.  Wanted it to be something good, so this was my scheduled reread of A Christmas Carol. (Also, by some way, the shortest book and quickest read to date too!).

Edited by willoyd

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Raven said:

There is no way to like posts on this forum, that I am aware of, but I think we need this approach now more than ever.

I think it is possible with IPB 4.x, but I think Michelle disabled it. If you and others are serious about this, you'll have to talk to @Hayley and see how she feels. I think I can figure out how to enable it, but I won't do that unless @Hayley gives her okay. I'll send her a message.

Love that cartoon Raven!

Think my total is 9 so far, which about right for this time of year.

As I wont be commuting for a while and will be wfh, my reading will probably go down a bit, but worse things could happen!

10 hours ago, Athena said:

I think it is possible with IPB 4.x, but I think Michelle disabled it. If you and others are serious about this, you'll have to talk to @Hayley and see how she feels. I think I can figure out how to enable it, but I won't do that unless @Hayley gives her okay. I'll send her a message.

A badly written post on my part, but I was actually referring to reading for fun, not having "likes" on posts!

2 hours ago, Raven said:

A badly written post on my part, but I was actually referring to reading for fun, not having "likes" on posts!

... Now I need to bring back the face palm emoticon too :giggle2:. I do think the “like” feature might be a good thing though. If it doesn’t get used it’s easy for me to disable it again :)  

22 hours ago, Hayley said:

... Now I need to bring back the face palm emoticon too :giggle2:. I do think the “like” feature might be a good thing though. If it doesn’t get used it’s easy for me to disable it again :)  

I cannot see it, do you have to log out and in again for it to work? 

7 hours ago, Athena said:

Whoops, so sorry for misunderstanding!

No probs; as I said it was a badly written post!

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I cannot see it, do you have to log out and in again for it to work?

No, you shouldn’t have to. I’m using my phone at the moment and I can see it as a little heart next to ‘quote’ etc. I did set it up pretty quickly so I might need to check I gave everyone permission to see it!

10 hours ago, Hayley said:

No, you shouldn’t have to. I’m using my phone at the moment and I can see it as a little heart next to ‘quote’ etc. I did set it up pretty quickly so I might need to check I gave everyone permission to see it!

I can see it! But it's worth checking if there are multiple people who can't see it, then maybe there is a problem with the permissions.

Guest harsht07

Hi all. newbie here

I don't actually know, come to think on it. I 'inhale' books. I'm one of those book addicts that, the moment I finish one book, I have to have another to read! A lot of the time I have two books and a non-fiction book I read at the same time.