How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

No idea! I haven't kept up with my log this year, and have had stops and starts in my reading. All I know for sure is that it's more than 36 - that's the books I did record in my log plus the one I have read recently.

What's a bit of a surprise is that not knowing isn't bothering me in the slightest, although I will attemot to keep a record here on in. 

I finished book number 73 tonight, my second best total ever (2016 was my best, at exactly 80). However, it was my best year based on pages read: 23600, averaging 323, also my highest.  I'm delighted with all that, especially as I expected to read a lot fewer books this year, aiming to include more longer ones, and more non-fiction (which I find is always slower).

Edited by willoyd

I finished 'Ghosts of Christmas Past' yesterday to make my total 35. I think that's probably going to be it for this year, since it's unlikely I'll finish another one tomorrow. I'm creeping closer to my target of 50 every year though so fingers crossed for 2019! :lol:

I've just finished book 42 - I won't start another till New Year's Day. Not a bad total, although it's all about the quality, not the quantity!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've never actually kept track of how many books I read in a year, I'd guess on average maybe around 75, but I'm going to start as from March 1.

I've actually recently purchased a Leuchtturm1917 gridded notebook which I was planning on using as a sort of book journal - I'm only going to be keeping track of the title, series and author rather than a full on synopsis, review, rating etc. but I like the idea of having a record of all the books I've ever read. I wish I'd started it sooner though. Still, better late than never.