How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

7 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I haven`t read the last two books - Witch Interrupted, and Close Encounters of the Witchy Kind - I`ll read them the next time there`s a Kindle Unlimited deal. :)

Are you up to date with them ? :D

No, I have been reading all of the books by Karin Slaughter. Sometime soon I will read a few more of the Witches of the Midwest series.

I was going great guns this year, and well on the way to beat last years total of 40...and then I decided to read Bleak House.  Loved, it, but a 900 odd page book does set you back! So, at the moment I'm on 36 for this year so far and I'm trying to ignore the longer books on my TBR pile!

On 12/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, ian said:

...and then I decided to read Bleak House.  Loved, it, but a 900 odd page book does set you back!

I know what you mean: Roy Jenkins's biography of Churchill is having the same effect on me!

On 08/11/2018 at 4:53 PM, chesilbeach said:

although my reading always slows down from October until after Christmas.... 

Funny that, I'm usually completely the opposite, December being on average by far and away my most sucessful month!  Still won't hit the sorts of figures you're running on!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks like everyone is having a stellar reading year! I've read 37 and I'm hoping to push it to 40, which is much better than my disappointing total of 27 of last year. I had set myself a relatively low goal of 26, which I raced past a few months ago.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, Kylie said:

Wow, looks like everyone is having a stellar reading year! I've read 37 and I'm hoping to push it to 40, which is much better than my disappointing total of 27 of last year. I had set myself a relatively low goal of 26, which I raced past a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

🤭 Oops, of course you've read the same total! I didn't mean that the total is disappointing for other people, but it was less than I usually read, so it was disappointing for me.