How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.6.2017 at 1:32 AM, Ooshie said:

21 so far - I would like to read a minimum of 52 in the year, so am just about on track :-)

21 over here, too! :)   I'm happy to hear you're on track! :smile2: At the beginning of the year I think I aimed for 75, but have lost hope on that a long time ago. I read 52 books last year and now I'm hoping I'll get to the same number.  Let's keep cracking :)

• 3 weeks later...

Must be around 30 by now.  Like you, I haven't had any outstanding reads so far, it was the same last year as well, no 10/10s at all.

Edited to say just had a quick count on another book forum and it's 29 so far, although I've just started reading 30 & 31.

Edited by Madeleine

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.7.2017 at 1:39 PM, Onion Budgie said:

20 so far, which is great for me.  Out of those, only three have been a 5-star read, and a further three have been 1-star clunkers.  Optimistic for some great reads for the rest of the year!

I've read a couple of more books than you, but I've not read a single 5-star book, so I think you're doing well :smile2: Three 1-star books is a bit ... numerous, though :o Here's to better reads for the rest of the year! :cheers:    (I couldn't find the emoticon where two dudes/dudettes are raising their glasses, so I'm using this very unseasonal one instead :D

28 minutes ago, chesilbeach said:

Just finished number 90.

Wow, that's a whole helluva lot of books :D

I have just had a look at my stats on goodreads, and last year I read six books that I gave 1 star to, and this year I already have six books I've rated 1 star. Three of them been in July alone.

Having said that, I have 10 5 stars under my belt so that is something. As long as 3,4 and 5 stars is higher than 1 and 2 stars I'll be happy.

I do hope you'll get some great 5 star reads, Frankie :)

1 hour ago, Lau_Lou said:

I have just had a look at my stats on goodreads, and last year I read six books that I gave 1 star to, and this year I already have six books I've rated 1 star. Three of them been in July alone.

Wow, July wasn't your best reading month was it :unsure:

Having said that, I have 10 5 stars under my belt so that is something. As long as 3,4 and 5 stars is higher than 1 and 2 stars I'll be happy.

Yep, you've got a great average rating going there this year! :smile2:

I do hope you'll get some great 5 star reads, Frankie :)

Me, too! :smile2:  I'm staying optimistic! 

• 3 weeks later...