How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

Ticked up 80 with a day to spare: comfortably my highest ever as an adult reader (my previous best was 70....last year!). Average page count down a bit, from 293 to 282, but total still over 22000 pages, 2000 more than last year. Perhaps more to to the point, pleased about the quality too, including half a dozen or so classics, a goodly run on the English counties challenge, and more non-fiction doorstoppers (>600 pages) than in previous years. Still a few aims missed, but overall really pleased. Reading has certainly helped keep me sane (just!) this year.

Hoping that I can improve reading this year - maybe fewer books but more quality - especially as am planning to reduce work hours in July (can't come fast enough). All feels a bit of a gamble, but the alternative looks horrible, so we'll see.

Edited by willoyd

I finished 2016 on 86 books - my highest ever total.  My previous highest was 76 in 2012. 

I read a total of 24,633 pages (average page count is therefore 286)  which is a 26.2% on last year's page count so I'm pleased with that.   Like Will, I've read some excellent English Counties books.  I read 12 classics this year.    :)

• 2 weeks later...

52. My lowest total since 2007. 

Aw. :( 2017 will be much better, I'm sure!  :empathy:

I finally managed 112, my lowest number since I joined the forum in 2009, but on the whole it was a pretty good year with lots of highly rated reads, so I'm happy with that. :D

I wish I could read your 'lowest' number every year! I only managed 43 books last year. :(