How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

Last count 56, but I was off on the sick for awhile, plus Margaret Atwood short stories are not very big books. x:readingtwo:

• 8 years later...

I've been eyeing these older threads on the general book discussions section tonight and I thought I'd bump a few... How many books have you read this year? And I thought I'd throw in another question for you: have you noticed an increase in read books since you joined the forum? :smile2: 

I can't remember my exact totals this year, but I think I've read 73 books this year. And yes, I read a lot more since joining the forum. Although sometimes I spend too much time reading the forum instead of an actual book... I know you guys know what I'm talking about. 

Are you reading more books this year than last year, or fewer? 

I've been eyeing these older threads on the general book discussions section tonight and I thought I'd bump a few... How many books have you read this year? And I thought I'd throw in another question for you: have you noticed an increase in read books since you joined the forum? :smile2: 

I can't remember my exact totals this year, but I think I've read 73 books this year. And yes, I read a lot more since joining the forum. Although sometimes I spend too much time reading the forum instead of an actual book... I know you guys know what I'm talking about. 

Are you reading more books this year than last year, or fewer?

Nice you've been resurrecting these threads :)! Yes, I have definitely noticed an increase in read books since I joined the forum :smile2:.

And yes, I know exactly what you mean :lol:.

I read much more books this year, than last year. And last year more than the year before (I joined the forum in 2013), and in 2013 more than in 2012.

I'm hoping to get to 500 this year. Currently 485.

I read more since I joined the forum than I did before, but thats not always saying much as I basically never read at all before the forum (didn't have a clue how to find books I'd like). The last few years have been atrocious for me reading-wise but for the first year since I joined the forum I've had a pretty much entirely consistent year. So far I've read 117 books, and I'm going for 120 before the 21st :)

I joined Goodreads at the beginning of this year, and that has *significantly* increased my reading rate.  So far this year, I've read 32 books.  Before Goodreads I'd feel mightily pleased if I scraped through a dozen.  I do like to take my time with books, though.   ;)  I can't skim, or speed-read; somehow, to me, that seems disrespectful to the author.

I've read 40 books this year, which I think is a little less than last year, but more than the couple of years before that. So about average, I guess!

:o I thought it'd be more!  You read so fast!

So far I've read 117 books, and I'm going for 120 before the 21st :)

No problem for you, happy reading!

I'm at 73 books and hope to get two more in before the end of the year.  I've never gone for an "even" number before.

:o I thought it'd be more!  You read so fast!

Not me! You must be confusing me with someone else. :P I think I read at a fairly average speed, and I rarely have time to read big chunks in one reading session.

Not me! You must be confusing me with someone else. :P I think I read at a fairly average speed, and I rarely have time to read big chunks in one reading session.

No, no, I'm sure its you :)  I read in small sessions too, I get too nervous to sit and read for hours.

I finished book 164 this morning, but I expect to top 170 by the end of the year.  

WOW!