Hello, who here can speak German?

Abir

I live in the UK, have been living in the UK for just over 5 years and come from Austria where they speak German, so are there any German speakers on this forum? :)

Me - though I haven't used it in years. I can understand okay ( provided the words aren't too long and complicated ) and still know enough to get by. I have some family in Germany and Austria, amongst a few other places. :)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Edited by Little Pixie

Hi little Pixie,

happy to meet fellow German speaker on this forum :).

How long have you been member on this forum for? :)

I am quite new on it, so far I like it.

Wenn du willst können wir auf Deutsch sprechen :).

Ich muss aber zugeben, seitdem ich nach England umgezogen bin hatte ich nicht so viele Gelegenheiten auf Deutsch, so verzeih mir falls ich Par Fehler mache :).

Hmmm I see :). But don't shy away talking in German, even if you make mistakes here and there, I will still understand it :). 

So what do you do?

Are you a student?

And what is favourite book?

14 hours ago, Abir said:

Hmmm I see :). But don't shy away talking in German, even if you make mistakes here and there, I will still understand it :). 

So what do you do?

Are you a student?

And what is favourite book?

I'm not working atm, I've not been too well. :)  and I'm waaay past my student years. :)  How about you, what are you studying ? 

I think I'd have to pick Jasper Fforde' s The Eyre Affair as my favourite book now.

7 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

Hello, Abir and welcome :)

I can't speak German. I did learn it at school over a decade  ago and sorry to say I don't remember much.

Do you read in both German and English? 

Errrrm recently I have been reading books in English, but I do read books in German, but not at the moment.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I studied German in highschool but it was years and years ago and I'm sad to say I've forgotten a lot of what I learned. I do love the language though, and have been thinking about possibly starting over again.

I see you're reading A Man Called Ove, I hope you're enjoying it! :smile2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...