• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  
itsmeagain

Continue the story game 3.

've got other fish to fry. There's plenty of other fish in the sea, you know and it's a bit fishy you ...

Who was that mini-skirted, stiletto-heeled woman following Dave in the back door, caterwauling into her cellphone? Could it be ...

idea swiftly out of his mind and slamming the door in her face, he grabbed Dave and they escaped out the bathroom window.

'Wow! that was a ...

close shave, Dave", declared Martin, before running to the other end of the garden. 

"Oh you've got wildflowers, do you. possess any fuchsias and rhododendrons?", asked. Dave. 

Martin accidentally pressed the speaker button on his phone.. The female voice was 

the same one he'd heard before, Poxy or Roxy or something her name was. He blocked the number.

'No Dave, no fuchsias or rhodos, but over here I've got a lovely bunch of ...

coconuts. "

An alarmed David began to quake inwardly, with fear. 

His relief was palpable when a lump of black vinyl, Winston and the Catford Sunrise, present I got a lovely bunch of coconuts, was wielded and played, by Martin, who.... 

was a bit of a vinyl buff. Would you like to hear my 33 rpm collection of George Formby records?' Without waiting for an answer, he put one on his turntable. 'This has always been my ...

forgetting the pole dancing garden gnome he had recently purchased adorning his agapanthus bed, he tripped and landed awkwardly. There was a distinct crack, a howl of pain, and Dave rushing to his side discovered ...

that Martin had accidentally crushed Philbert  the talking dustman, bought by auntie Maud in 1999 in honour of Jack Flax, an old flame of hers, who had died when he mistook a lion for a large tabby, with..... 

whom she'd visited the local petting zoo for their Sunday outing. Unfortunately, pieces of the broken record had lodged themselves very painfully into Martin's ...

rectum. Not standing on ceremony, Martin asked Dave to examine the damage. 

Refusing, Dave rang 999 and hours later, Fred. Sozzled, 41, arrived at the door. 

Fortunately, Fred didn't take after his surname and soon had the situation in hand. Martin was placed face down on a stretcher, iodine was applied to the offending area (amidst squeals and shrieks) and he was swiftly transported to A&E. As usual, A&E was ...

Edited by poppy

jam-packed with drunks swaying and examining head wounds. Albert Argonaut,  59, alcoholic of long standing, and inveterate accepter of benefit cheques, declared that

the health system was going to the dogs. If you couldn't get a cup of tea, a sarnie, a smile and a bit of sympathy from a fetching nurse instead of an earful of advice from a ...

fish and no mistake. . Martin tried to chat up one of the nurses, but she said " I am married", to which Martin replied, " so was I but she left.... 

Edited by itsmeagain

the loo seat down all the time and her wet tights and other unmentionables draped all around the bathroom. I mean to say, it's more than a man should be expected to bear. I ask you! Would you ...

put up with it? "

The rather fetching nurse walked away, mortified. 

She told sister Ives, 54, who was not in a good mood. 

" Is Martin the creepy looking one with the abortive attempt at a handlebar moustache? ", asked Sister Ives. 

" I shall

soon put paid to that! Nasty unhygienic things, looks like he's got half his breakfast still lurking round in there. It'll have to come off. Dr Omg won't operate with him brandishing that monstrosity . Go and apprise him of the fact please nurse.'