• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  
itsmeagain

Continue the story game 3.

would 'ave plumped for the orange with tasteful splashes of yellow meself, but each to their own, I always says. If we's were all the same, it'd be a boring old world, don't you think, M'lord?'

'Please keep to the questions at hand, PC Whatnot! I seem to be surrounded by garrulous imbeciles, left and right,' sighed the judge wearily. 'Can you please answer with a simple affirmative or negative, did you or did you not witness the accused interferring with the said cow Molly, in any fashion?'

'Well, your Worshipfullness ...

I have to say that I did. He actually abandoned me in the river, as the, aforementioned cow did in a careless fashion, deposit me in the water. Mr Smith and his dopey accomplice, Mr Jacklin, drove away at top  speed in a dilapidated old car. I.. 

Edited by itsmeagain

was left to extradite myself from said river and I can tell you I developed a severe case of ammonia the very next day! If it hadn't been for ...'

'Thank you, PC Whatnot. Do the defence wish to cross examine the witness?'

'Yes, Your Worship. PC Whatnot, is it not true that rather than Mr Smith and Jacklin driving away, they in fact left their damaged car and walked to a local hostelry? I have several witnesses to confirm this, do you wish me to call them or do you wish to change your testimony to prevent a charge of perjury?'

'I..I ..uh...

your most worship worthy king, I think there's been a mishap.. So overworked was  I that week, that I mixed up my notes. I now see that Mr Jacklin and Mr Smith, both ran away, leaving a decrepit old jalopy for the council to tow away. I.... 

myself feel, at this point in time, all things being equal, and circumstances being what they are, that charges should be laid for such reckless abandonment of a diuretic vee-hicle. But I will leave it to Your Worshipfullness to decide the fittingness of said punishment. '

'Thank you for that, PC Whatnot,' said Judge Chockrat sarcastically,  'where would I ...

ever find such erudition in the wake of such ludicrously facile  and patently false testimony? I do hope that you realise you've probably destroyed the whole segment of the case, entitled 'cow abuse.' If you were to just think before talking we may.. '

' Your honour', said barrister Monny Willgetyouoff, 'my client Mr Smith has been dealt a vicious blow by PC Whatnot. In light of this may I ask that we all say a prayer for our souls, and also that we all retire to the canteen for tea. I do... 

Edited by itsmeagain

think a strong cup of tea accomplishes more than ...'

'I will go one step further Council Willgetmeoff, I declare this a mistrial. It's been nothing but an orchestrated litany of errors from start to finish. If I ever have the misfortune to encounter any of the blithering idiots I have had endure today, I will have no hesitation but to...

stamp my feet a number of times, hit PC Whatnot gently on the neck with a gavel, and call an end to the story, err, trial. Get the idiot released from custody immediately. '

The End

Edited by itsmeagain