What's Up in July 2017?

Athena

20 hours ago, Talisman said:

Coran and I have just got back from Trans Pride in Brighton - and despite the rain (which was torrential at times), it was great. We all marched from the Marlborough Pub down the seafront to Brunswick Park near Hove, about 2 miles away. Lots of people were taking pictures and asking me about the sign I was carrying - which was of course the whole point, to make people think, although with most on the march with us I think I was probably preaching to the converted. The sign, which was laminated in all the different colours of the rainbow read "I am neither L G or B, but my Trans wife suits me to a T. My only label is lucky". People tend to make assumptions I find when they realise that I am a woman married to a trans woman that I must be either L or B, which I do not consider myself to be. Like the sign says, I prefer not to label myself, but if I have to I would say I am lucky.     

The sign started a few interesting conversations, including one with Irish TV company RTE who wanted to interview us for a documentary they are doing to be shown next year. You may then see us on Irish TV at some point.   

I saw the pictures on FaceBook, it looked very impressive!

2 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

I've had a brilliant start to my week off. :smile2:  Friday was my third trip to the cinema to watch Baby Driver (and I might yet squeeze in one more viewing later in the week :giggle2:), then yesterday I met up with Janet and Poppyshake for lunch which lasted about three hours! :D  Today I went out for brunch, then coffee while I finished my book, then stopped off to see my Dad for an hour.  Now at home for an afternoon of doing very little ... hoping to catch up with some reviews here and update my book lists, maybe watch a film on the telly this evening.  

No fixed plans for the rest of the week, but there are a couple of new films I might go and see, there's a greek cafe I want to try out, and I'm hoping to get at least two more Wainwright Prize books finished, plus I'm sure OH has some errands for me to run while I'm off work.

It sounds like you'll have a nice week off :).

This weekend I've (again) been busy with re-organising my room / library and it's done! It was lots of fun and I'm happy with how things turned out :D. Since I haven't read a book in over a week, I plan to do some reading next week. There are also a lot of other things on the planning for next week though. For one, I should be getting my new glasses! I'm also going for an earplugmeasurement, there is a vet visit planned and a library visit. I'm looking forward to most things :).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Athena said:

I saw the pictures on FaceBook, it looked very impressive!

Yes, it was a good day. It would have been a lot better without the rain though. Even so the organisers said they had the biggest turnout in the events five year history, with more than 2500 people marching. 

Today in comparison has been a lot quieter. Coran had to take her best friend Sarah to hospital this morning as she had a fall and thought she may have dislocated her thumb. Sarah has a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which affects the collagen in the body and causes an awful lot of problems, as collagen of course is the thing that binds everything else together - both internal and external. Thankfully she was okay this time around.     

Hope everybody is having a lovely Saturday! 

Decided to go for a run but only managed to do just over 2KM. Think I'll stick to walking and leave the running with my dad.

I missed him :(

Looking forward to tonight, going out for a few drinks for some ladies at work. As I am very introvert it is nice this happens now and again.

Aww, sorry you missed your dad :(.

I hope you enjoyed going out with the ladies from your work :).

Yesterday I've been doing a lot in and around the house, which was tiring. Today it's Sunday, and I'm going to try to rest a bit.

I've had a smashing week off, it's just gone way too quickly!  I've been to the cinema three times and I've had loads of time to read books, so I've finished my Wainwright Prize challenge.  However, I didn't get chance to do any crafty stuff, so next time I'm off, that might be my top priority.  I had to go back into work this morning but managed to get everything I need to do finished by lunchtime, so now it's just back to normal hours tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend. :)

9 hours ago, Athena said:

Aww, sorry you missed your dad :(.

I hope you enjoyed going out with the ladies from your work :).

Yesterday I've been doing a lot in and around the house, which was tiring. Today it's Sunday, and I'm going to try to rest a bit.

Was great fun thank you :)

Enjoy your Sunday. Sounds like you deserve a rest.

52 minutes ago, chesilbeach said:

I've had a smashing week off, it's just gone way too quickly!  I've been to the cinema three times and I've had loads of time to read books, so I've finished my Wainwright Prize challenge.  However, I didn't get chance to do any crafty stuff, so next time I'm off, that might be my top priority.  I had to go back into work this morning but managed to get everything I need to do finished by lunchtime, so now it's just back to normal hours tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend. :)

Glad you got everything sorted at work :)

Yes it has flown by this weekend. They always do, don't they?

Glad you've had a great one :)

Had a nice meal out last night with some friends I haven't seen for ages, just went shopping today, and had our guest dog stay until this morning, so we managed a walk yesterday before it started raining.

Edited by Madeleine

It was the annual Ride London cycling event this weekend, and as the one and only road in our village was closed we went out to watch it. It was a good day actually, apart from a few mad dashes across the road in between the 100,000 or so bikes. Coran's nephew was supposed to be riding, but as he is currently training to be a paramedic did not have the train. He was at the start line instead with his ambulance helping in other ways. We had a team of 7 riders though riding for the charity I work for, one of whom is a staff member, and between them they managed to raise £3500 which is brilliant. They are all much fitter than I am!

• Athena unpinned this topic