What's Up in June 2017

chesilbeach

What are you up to today? :)

I've had the day off today and a day of chores, shopping, collecting things, getting the car washed as well as sneaking in a bit of reading.  Looking forward to a weekend of reading and hopefully some nice weather!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dog sitting for 2 weeks from Sunday!  I've got a couple of days off week but unfortunately can't get much more due to holidays, people on long term sick leave etc so my mum will be putting up with the hound most of the time!

And how is it June?  Where did it come from?:o

Edited by Madeleine

Hey y'all!

I'm here in El Paso, Texas visiting dd and grands. I missed them all so much!! Yesterday I took the boys out on a date, Barnes and Noble where I spent too much, Walmart to pick out a birthday present for the oldest grand, then to the movies, home to put on dinner, get the little minions ready for bed and then a couple of hours being kicked by my 4 year old grand daughter who snuck into my bed. Its a KING SIZED BED and YET she found her way to my side and proceeded to kick the heck out of me as if to pay me back for not seeing her for a year!!

Today I"m taking the girls out to explore and do girly things. Then some reading. I'm from the East Coast and the are on Central time so I'm two hours ahead of them. I actually enjoy it as it allows me a few extra quiet hours before they get up and get busy. My reason for coming was to help out dd so I am being the primary caregiver to allow her to recoup and rest.

I hope you have a great time in Texas Virginia. It is not long now until my summer holiday to the Channel Islands - Coran and I will be flying to Guernsey next weekend for a week and then catching the ferry from Guernsey to Jersey for another week before flying home from Jersey. We both really need it.

As usual I have had a busy week at work, even though it was only a four day one due to the Bank Holiday. I had a HUGE delivery today with enough cleaning products to hopefully last until I get back, so that my cleaners do not have to worry about running out of stock. I made the mistake of lifting a 25 kilo bag of dishwasher salt and wish I hadn't now. I think Coran might be getting the massage table out later on tonight!    

• Athena pinned this topic
On 01/06/2017 at 7:29 PM, chesilbeach said:

What are you up to today? :)

I've had the day off today and a day of chores, shopping, collecting things, getting the car washed as well as sneaking in a bit of reading.  Looking forward to a weekend of reading and hopefully some nice weather!

I'm glad you had a nice day off :).

23 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Dog sitting for 2 weeks from Sunday!  I've got a couple of days off week but unfortunately can't get much more due to holidays, people on long term sick leave etc so my mum will be putting up with the hound most of the time!

And how is it June?  Where did it come from?:o

I wish you fun with dog sitting :).

I know, the time has gone fast! It's a bit hard to believe it's June already, yet it is so.

17 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'm here in El Paso, Texas visiting dd and grands. I missed them all so much!! Yesterday I took the boys out on a date, Barnes and Noble where I spent too much, Walmart to pick out a birthday present for the oldest grand, then to the movies, home to put on dinner, get the little minions ready for bed and then a couple of hours being kicked by my 4 year old grand daughter who snuck into my bed. Its a KING SIZED BED and YET she found her way to my side and proceeded to kick the heck out of me as if to pay me back for not seeing her for a year!!

I wish you a good time in Texas :).

16 hours ago, Talisman said:

I hope you have a great time in Texas Virginia. It is not long now until my summer holiday to the Channel Islands - Coran and I will be flying to Guernsey next weekend for a week and then catching the ferry from Guernsey to Jersey for another week before flying home from Jersey. We both really need it.

As usual I have had a busy week at work, even though it was only a four day one due to the Bank Holiday. I had a HUGE delivery today with enough cleaning products to hopefully last until I get back, so that my cleaners do not have to worry about running out of stock. I made the mistake of lifting a 25 kilo bag of dishwasher salt and wish I hadn't now. I think Coran might be getting the massage table out later on tonight!    

I hope you have great summer holidays :)!

Yesterday I went to the PhD defense of my sister. It was very nice, she did a great job. I'm very proud of her :).

Since yesterday afternoon my foot has been hurting, because yesterday morning I misstepped. It feels better today after a night's rest so I'm going to try to take it slow and hopefully it'll feel even better tomorrow. Gladly though my dog seems okay, she was the reason I was running.

I had wanted to do lots of chores that I normally do on Saturday but I'm not supposed to move too much, so I'm leaving most of those chores for tomorrow. It's a three day weekend here so I can still do some chores on Monday if needed.

I wish everyone a good weekend :)!

12 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Hope your foot gets better soon!

Thanks Madeleine :). Gladly, it's feeling a lot better. I can walk more on it and it doesn't hurt as much. It still hurts a bit but it's getting less and less, so my foot should be healed soon :).

I've had a busy day today;

• Cleaned the house as we were away on holiday last week
  • Done 4x loads of washing, dried and put away
  • Cut the lawns
  • Caught up on book reviews

And I'm now about to cook tea on the BBQ! I'm getting prepared for what will be a mental week on the farm!

You've been busy, Laura!

Today is the last day of the long weekend here. I've got a phone conversation planned with my sister, I look forward to hear from her how she experienced her PhD defense.

Hey y'all!

Still hanging out with the dd and grands in El Paso, TX. Its ugly hot here. So far I've taken the boys to see Batman, The Lego Movie and the girls to see Beauty and The Beast. Yesterday I took the boys to the El Paso Zoo and walked around for a few hours, they really enjoyed themselves, as did I! Today will be spent getting their van in some kind of order and maybe going to the library. Not much else planned.

Hey everyone, hope you're all keeping well :)

I've been MIA a bit lately due to having a lot going on. Not entirely sure where all my time is going!

Two things though that I'm pretty happy about:

I've started using the exercise bike at home - OH and I are competing for an end-of-week cookie each week. He's beating me, but I'm getting better - yesterday I did 10km in just under 31 mins (allegedly 320 calories). This is huge for me as I hate exercising outdoors. I plan to try do 20-30 mins a day, and knowing I'm burning calories that way is helping me want to eat more healthily so that I'm not negating my half hour of cycling with a muffin or something.

The other thing is that I've started studying a Medical Terminology and Administration course online, accredited by the qualification framework in Ireland (so it's legit, not just a personal interest course). It's low level, but you don't exactly need a degree to be an office administrator, which is what I really want to be doing (and god knows the degree I have has done NOTHING to help me get admin work). I found the course while searching for general office admin courses online (also found legal, estate agent etc - would love the estate agent one but it's not online sadly) and thought 'hm, that sounds pretty interesting, I've often seen medical admin job ads and wanted to apply but had no basis'.

I'm happy to say that, almost a week into part 1 (learning how to construct medical terms), I am absolutely LOVING it. It's super interesting, far more so than I expected to be honest. The course also covers Irish (HSE) legislation surrounding the medical/healthcare sector, and HSE guidelines for patient healthcare records and medical reports as well as material on case notes, referrals, reception skills/patient care, communication etc. There's a bit of transcription in the assessment too. On top of that, I'm going to do an evening course in September on Socrates, apparently the most widely used medical admin software in Ireland.

I'm also considering doing a Business Administration course (same level) and Sage 50 online training, just to have a similar basis for general admin too.

So yup, very happy at the moment with how things are going!

18 hours ago, Virginia said:

Hey y'all!

Still hanging out with the dd and grands in El Paso, TX. Its ugly hot here. So far I've taken the boys to see Batman, The Lego Movie and the girls to see Beauty and The Beast. Yesterday I took the boys to the El Paso Zoo and walked around for a few hours, they really enjoyed themselves, as did I! Today will be spent getting their van in some kind of order and maybe going to the library. Not much else planned.

I'm glad you're having a good time :).

1 hour ago, Nollaig said:

Hey everyone, hope you're all keeping well :)

I've been MIA a bit lately due to having a lot going on. Not entirely sure where all my time is going!

Two things though that I'm pretty happy about:

It sounds like you're doing well, Noll :)!

Well done on the exercising!

Good luck with the course, I'm glad you're really enjoying it :). It sounds complicated to me! I hope you'll get to be a medical office administrator like you want :).

My foot is back to normal and doesn't hurt anymore. The past few weeks have been quite busy for my limits, so I'm trying to rest a bit this week.

I hope for the best for the election results. My knowledge of British politics is not good enough to really understand what is going on, but I do hope for a result that would match closest to the ideas and morals I personally believe in, even if I don't know exactly what that result would be.

Things are going okay here. The past while I've been playing a couple of video games, and I've been thinking that maybe it's been contributing to my tiredness. So I'm going to try to not play for a few days and see how that goes. Instead I think I'll try to read some books and try to work on cataloguing.

I went to vote this morning. There were another 3 people in there which is more than I've seen before when voting at that particular station. Then again, I don't normally vote before work, it's usually an evening job for me.

I for one am hoping for a change in government! :clapping:Any other result and I'll be totally depressed tomorrow. :wibbly:

Yes I know what you mean MRTR - I think a lot of people feel like that. I voted Lib Dem although I know the best we can hope for is a few more seats. They are the ones though that best reflect my views, which is what you have to vote for at the end of the day. In my constituency it would take an earthquake of seismic proportions to unseat the Conservative incumbent, but stranger things have been known to happen, as we saw in Richmond Park. Realistically it will be either Conservatives or Labour though that gets in - perhaps not straight away if it is a hung parliament, but in the end it will be one of them. The Lib Dems have ruled out going into another coalition with either of them, so that's a non starter.

I start work at 7.30am, so decided to go on my way in to get it over and done with. When we got there just before 7am we were surprised to see 2 people waiting outside already. We were then 3rd and 4th to vote respectively. The local Lib Dems asked us if we would like to observe the votes being counted, to make sure it is done correctly, which would have been quite interesting ordinarily, but of course I have to go to work tomorrow, and Coran has a hospital appointment, so that was not going to happen. Perhaps if I had a job where I had Fridays off I may have done it. but I prefer my sleep.:sleeping-smiley-009      

One thing I do know is that whatever the result is it will be an interesting one. I also know that I will very glad indeed to finish work at 3.30pm tomorrow and get away from it for 2 weeks. We both need the break. 

Our former director of the FBI is now giving testimony about Trump and his meetings and how he felt the need to keep memos of the conversations. He didn't want to be left alone with him. Who can blame him?

I took the little people to the park today. It was kind of hot so we didn't stay long. I got a great compliment tho! A young man was there with his sister and started a conversation with me. He saw me with all the grands and asked if they were my kids. I told him they were my grandchildren and his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe I was a granny, lol! Made my day! Especially since my oldest granddaughter (aged 4) asked me this morning why my hair was white. Darling, I blame y'all for it being white! I have gray streaks at the front of my head kind of like Morticia from The Adams Family. The only way you can really see it is if I pull my hair off my face. Children need filters, lmbo!!

Morning, everyone, and happy Friday :)

I hope you have a lovely vacation, Talisman.  How long will you be in TX, Virginia?  I've only been to TX once, when I was very little, and I still have memories of how hot it was.

All is well here, just enjoying being a home-owner and tending to home-y things.  When I'm not working, that is, which seems like a lot because it's our busy time of year.

Nice to hear from you Peacefield - glad to hear you're enjoying being a home owner! :D

We've just got back from a week in Dorset, staying near my namesake, Chesil Beach.  A mixed bag of weather, so some days out and some days sheltering from the rain, but a lovely break and I enjoyed it immensely.  We tried a new restaurant to us while we were there, and a new gelateria has opened in Bridport  so we had to try that too!  Oh my, the gelato was amazing ... the owner is Italian so he's making proper Italian gelato and it was smooth and full of flavour.  Looking forward to our next Saturday trip there to try it again. :yes:

Hoping to get out and about tomorrow and get some shopping done, before heading back to work next week.  

Hope you all have a good weekend. :) 

4 hours ago, Peacefield said:

I hope you have a lovely vacation, Talisman.  How long will you be in TX, Virginia?  I've only been to TX once, when I was very little, and I still have memories of how hot it was.

All is well here, just enjoying being a home-owner and tending to home-y things.  When I'm not working, that is, which seems like a lot because it's our busy time of year.

Its hitting 100 degrees for the rest of my visit (which ends 13 June). This type of heat is different from South Carolina heat. Its dry. Even when I walk for miles, I don't sweat. Not like at home. Not many trees and all this brown landscape just makes me feel like I should be seeing tumble weeds and coyotes! 

Spent last night dealing with a sick grand baby. She's been unable to keep her food down since last night. I hate when they are sick and especially now because I had planned to take her, her sister and little cousin to the zoo. She'll have to miss this trip. 

As my son in law will be coming home tonight (he is a "sky walker dealing with turbines, etc and it takes him away for weeks at a time) I'll be going to our other daughter's house tonight. I'll stay til Sunday night maybe then come back here for my last two days. 

I love my kids and grands but I am so ready to be back home now! This really is no vacation and I'm pretty much immobile as the one vehicle they have has not been properly cared for and I'm not about to be broken down on the side of the road with all these kids, so I can only "move" when my other daughter gets off work and gives me her car. 

I need my freedom, Lol!

Thanks Virginia - it is a little bit cooler than Texas right now, but the forecast is looking good.

Our next door neighbour is taking us to the airport around 9am, for the flight just before midday. I wouldn't ordinarily get there that early, but Coran is taking some medication and a syringe with her, as her hormone injection is due, so we need to allow more time to get through security. We are though more or less packed and ready, just need to tidy the house a bit, shower and get rid of all the rubbish. I will be glad to get away from all the politics for a while! 

19 hours ago, Peacefield said:

Hi Peacefield :). I wish you a great weekend!

16 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

We've just got back from a week in Dorset, staying near my namesake, Chesil Beach.  A mixed bag of weather, so some days out and some days sheltering from the rain, but a lovely break and I enjoyed it immensely.  We tried a new restaurant to us while we were there, and a new gelateria has opened in Bridport  so we had to try that too!  Oh my, the gelato was amazing ... the owner is Italian so he's making proper Italian gelato and it was smooth and full of flavour.  Looking forward to our next Saturday trip there to try it again. :yes:

Hoping to get out and about tomorrow and get some shopping done, before heading back to work next week.  

Hope you all have a good weekend. :) 

I wish you a good weekend too, Chesil :)!

15 hours ago, Virginia said:

I love my kids and grands but I am so ready to be back home now!

I hope you'll be able to rest more when you get back home :). I hope you have a nice weekend.

2 hours ago, Talisman said:

Our next door neighbour is taking us to the airport around 9am, for the flight just before midday. I wouldn't ordinarily get there that early, but Coran is taking some medication and a syringe with her, as her hormone injection is due, so we need to allow more time to get through security. We are though more or less packed and ready, just need to tidy the house a bit, shower and get rid of all the rubbish. I will be glad to get away from all the politics for a while! 

It's probably too late, but I hope you have a great holiday :)!

Yesterday I unfortunately misstepped again, with the same foot, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon in bed with my foot up again. On the bright side, I did read a lot. Gladly today my foot feels a lot better :).

I wish everyone a great weekend :)!

Coran and I arrived on Guernsey just after 1pm yesterday and jumped straight on the bus to our accommodation. It's a lovely little apartment complex with the apartments all facing inwards around the communal swimming pool, and very cosy.

The first day is always spent settling in, but today we walked along the coast to St Peter Port and spent the day exploring the gardens and some of the museum's there. We had a lovely lunch in a Chinese restaurant with a special gluten free menu, which was pretty impressive, but also expensive. It was worth it though. We walked almost 8.5 miles today so my calves will be feeling it later on.