What's Up in June 2017

chesilbeach

Currently sorting out the films on our hard disk recorder (because obviously they have to be categorised and catalogued ;)) but it's just a bit of organising and updating the list so that will take me another half an hour or so, then I've got some housework to do, but later on I'm planning to go to the cinema again.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Athena said:

I'm glad you got your luggage in the end, though a shame you had to wait a while for it. I'm really glad you had a great 2 weeks of holiday :).

I remember when I flew from the UK to Italy (to go on holiday in Italy for almost a week) and we waited several hours for our luggage - to then be told in broken English it was not coming because it was still at the airport in the UK. It was past midnight by this point, several hours after my bedtime. I got my luggage one day before my flight home (which was going to the Netherlands, since that's where I live and all). Ever since, I'm trying to put as much as possible in myand luggage (well within the weight and size limits of course, as I'm also panicky about the staff not letting it on), so that I at least have all my important items with me in my hand luggage rather than if the suitcase goes missing again. If I was going home it would not have been so bad, I have spare clothes and spare medication here at home, but not on holiday of course. I was pretty upset, it kind of put a damper on my holiday in Italy. Other than that though I did enjoy the holiday. My parents were already there, they had driven there by car. My boyfriend and I ended up having to wear some of their clothes (that they brought), because we didn't have much of our own (only what was in the hand luggage). Lesson learned.

I used to do that on long haul flights, but not so much these days. It seems sensible of course though to make sure you have any essentials such as medication and so on. I know what you mean about hand luggage restrictions though. It can be a right pain in the proverbial. I am usually the one with the smallest case wherever I go and try to avoid putting stuff in the hold when I can, but of course if you are going for more than a week you pretty much have to. Different airlines do have different limits though. We came back with EasyJet this time who are one of the better ones, with a reasonable size and no weight limit at all. When I travel hand luggage only with them I tend to book the upfront option - for an extra £5 or so you get a reserved seat and the ability to take an extra item on board such as a handbag or a small rucksack, which for me is worth it. Cameras and so on are not insured if you have to put your bag in the hold because of lack of space, and that's not a risk I would be prepared to take.  

I agree they should have asked you before hand Athena, even if they only mentioned it when you arrived for the appointment, but told you before you went in so at least it wasn't a complete surprise.

23 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

Currently sorting out the films on our hard disk recorder (because obviously they have to be categorised and catalogued ;)) but it's just a bit of organising and updating the list so that will take me another half an hour or so, then I've got some housework to do, but later on I'm planning to go to the cinema again.  

It's nice to organise stuff and have it be all neat. I hope you enjoyed seeing a film in the cinema :).

16 hours ago, Talisman said:

I used to do that on long haul flights, but not so much these days. It seems sensible of course though to make sure you have any essentials such as medication and so on. I know what you mean about hand luggage restrictions though. It can be a right pain in the proverbial. I am usually the one with the smallest case wherever I go and try to avoid putting stuff in the hold when I can, but of course if you are going for more than a week you pretty much have to. Different airlines do have different limits though. We came back with EasyJet this time who are one of the better ones, with a reasonable size and no weight limit at all. When I travel hand luggage only with them I tend to book the upfront option - for an extra £5 or so you get a reserved seat and the ability to take an extra item on board such as a handbag or a small rucksack, which for me is worth it. Cameras and so on are not insured if you have to put your bag in the hold because of lack of space, and that's not a risk I would be prepared to take.  

That makes sense :).

16 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I agree they should have asked you before hand Athena, even if they only mentioned it when you arrived for the appointment, but told you before you went in so at least it wasn't a complete surprise.

Thanks Madeleine :).

Hey y'all!

I've been pretty busy with the wee folk. Today was storytime at the library. I took the three youngest grands (5, 4 and almost 3) while the two oldest stayed home and did some reading. Tomorrow I take the boys for their yearly checkups and vaccination shots. Later tomorrow I take my Kizzy to the vet to get a vaccination against the dog flu and to pick up her heart warm. The rest of the day/week will be spent doing some much needed shopping. Next week its the dentist and eye doctor and then they will be set. 

My days are spent quelling wee wars, meals, entertainment, hiding (yeah, I hide) and baths. This was all so sudden that everything has been thrown into a tizzy. I also have to fit in a trip to Virginia to check on my mom. She had to have a "pic" line put in her arm so she can be given her antibiotics through her vein. She'll have to stay in a rehab facility for a few weeks for that and her knee (where the infection was found but has traveled).  The original plan was that she'd get some of the grands (the little ones) and we'd keep the big boys as there is more to do with them here than there. That will have to be put off for a bit.

My preemie grandbaby "S" is doing well! Even though she was born at 33 weeks, she's off oxygen and the feeding tube and is taking the bottle. Her weight is going up and I think its safe to assume that she'll be home sooner rather than later. Her due date was 3 August and they would normally keep babies in til their birthday but she's doing so well, she should be home in a few weeks!

.facebook_1498506353094.jpg

Congratulations on your grandchild :)! I'm glad she is doing better.

Yesterday I went out to the pharmacy and did a bit of shopping. Today I'll probably try to rest. I have my dentist appointment tomorrow :(:hide:.

Good luck with your dentist appointment, Gaia.

Wow, super premie baby, Virginia. Glad she is doing well.

I don't really have much news. Work is kind of a pain, as to really proceed with what I'm meant to be doing, I need access to a folder. A week and three emails later, I'm still waiting on access to the folder.

I'm also struggling with the second assignment in my medical terminology/admin course. The section I'm struggling on is only worth 10% overall, and I'm pretty confident that in the part where I actually deal with medical reports I'm gonna ace it and get the full 60% available, so I'm not toooo concerned, but I find it very frustrating to be stuck on a question. It's due Friday, too, so under a bit of pressure. :(

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Glad to hear the grandbaby is going well Virginia - she's a cutie. And hope your dentist goes okay Athena - I don't think anyone likes going.

I was back to work yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find that so many clients had been asking where I was and missing me. I had a lot of cuddles yesterday, which was nice. It seems that I missed all the fun while I was away with the bi annual staff away day (one of those team bonding things) and a barbecue last Friday. Everyone managed fine in my absence, and nothing dreadful happened, as I knew it wouldn't anyway. My lady cleaner K has been waiting for an appointment to have her frozen shoulder operated on, and that has finally come through for next Wednesday. She will be off work for 6 weeks, but I am sure we will manage like we always have. My other cleaner is off next week as well, going back to Poland to see his children, so I will be on my own for a few days.  

22 hours ago, Nollaig said:

Good luck with your dentist appointment, Gaia.

Thanks, Noll :). It actually all went really well :D!! I'm so happy and relieved now.

I don't really have much news. Work is kind of a pain, as to really proceed with what I'm meant to be doing, I need access to a folder. A week and three emails later, I'm still waiting on access to the folder.

How annoying :(.

I'm also struggling with the second assignment in my medical terminology/admin course. The section I'm struggling on is only worth 10% overall, and I'm pretty confident that in the part where I actually deal with medical reports I'm gonna ace it and get the full 60% available, so I'm not toooo concerned, but I find it very frustrating to be stuck on a question. It's due Friday, too, so under a bit of pressure. :(

I'm sorry you've been struggling :(. I hope things will work out :).

17 hours ago, Talisman said:

Glad to hear the grandbaby is going well Virginia - she's a cutie. And hope your dentist goes okay Athena - I don't think anyone likes going.

Thanks :). It all went well, I'm very happy and relieved now :D.

17 hours ago, Talisman said:

I was back to work yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find that so many clients had been asking where I was and missing me. I had a lot of cuddles yesterday, which was nice. It seems that I missed all the fun while I was away with the bi annual staff away day (one of those team bonding things) and a barbecue last Friday. Everyone managed fine in my absence, and nothing dreadful happened, as I knew it wouldn't anyway. My lady cleaner K has been waiting for an appointment to have her frozen shoulder operated on, and that has finally come through for next Wednesday. She will be off work for 6 weeks, but I am sure we will manage like we always have. My other cleaner is off next week as well, going back to Poland to see his children, so I will be on my own for a few days.  

It's nice people missed you :). Good luck with the work on your own :).

• Athena unpinned this topic