Hiya, new member.

I can`t read much now because of failing eyes and listening at bedtime with mp3 cancels out my tinnitus. After getting fed up with gory murders etc I decided to lighten up and have now listened to all Jeffrey Archers books including Clifton Chronicles. I am a member of Audible so have a wide choice but I am beside myself as to find anything similar. I know that not everybody is a fan of Archer but the narration in general is superb (more important on a talking book obviously as it can make or break a story)

I`m 72 years old and listen on my afternoon nap and at bedtime for 30mins each time. Can someone who has found themselves in a similar position make any suggestions with regard to authors or series. I like long books of around 15-16 hrs listening but of course would listen to short stories if the content was right. My hobbies are photography and am a licensed amateur radio ham.

Any ideas? and many thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

Hi Dave, and welcome!  

This topic will no doubt be moved to our Reading Recommendations section. :)

I haven't read anything by Jeffrey Archer -- but I've heard that Sidney Sheldon and Ken Follett have very similar writing styles, so you might consider starting there.