Hey! Hope your having a great May and everything :011:. So, I'm currently on the last book of the Throne of Glass series, Emperor of Storms, which I love. I think this series is really amazing, and it conveys the feelings of the characters so well, and so realistic which is hard to achieve in a fantasy book. The characters are great as well, and the plot never bores you, there's never any part your compelled to skip or skim. Which you shouldn't do anyway haha. I'd highly recommend this book! But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm coming to the end of one series and I'm looking to start another. So, I'm definitely going to read a Court or Thorns and Roses after, also by Sarah J. Maas but after that I'm sincerely pondering about the Lunar Chronicles. Is it any good? If you've read it could you please try and do a small, spoiler free review on it? Thanks! Also, I have the first book of the Maze Runner, which I'm excited to start, I just really don't know when. See, I bought it when I bought the first books of Divergent and The Mortal Instruments, (both which I love to death!), and I then proceeded to read more series, and kind of neglected the Maze Runner, which I shouldn't have really. I need to start it soon, because a lot of people have told me its really good. Then, I have The Dark Artifices, the sequel to TMI. I want to read it but its not a book I'm as enthusiatic about starting, which is unfortnate because I know I'll love it when I do eventually pick it up. And I have the first two books of Magnus Chase. Well..:mellow: I gave it a genuine go but I never really enjoyed reading it. So, that went down hill. Also want to read Everything Everything, sounds good.

What're your opinions? Please help! Thanks lol :D (WHAT A RANT LMAO)

Hi!

I haven't yet started the Throne of Glass series, because it isn't finished yet, but I do plan to read it. Glad to hear a positive review of it :) (well, most people on BookTube seem to like it  :P).

I haven't read the Lunar Chronicles yet, but I do plan to.

I did like the Maze Runner trilogy a lot, I wasn't so keen on The Kill Order (the prequel) and I haven't read anything else by James Dashner.  I felt a lot more could have been done with The Kill Order, it was an okay book but I had wanted more answers.

Have you read anything else by Rick Riordan? I haven't read anything by him yet but I plan to start with the first Percy Jackson book. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Magnus Chase books :(.

I really liked Divergent too. I enjoyed reading that series.

This year I'm reading The Mortal Instruments, I've read the first 3 books so far. I also plan on reading The Infernal Devices series this year. I'm a mood reader though, so my plans aren't set in stone. I'm just seeing when I feel in the mood to read the next book (urban fantasy / paranormal isn't my favourite genre).

I quite liked Everything, Everything, which is well-liked on BookTube but not by everyone. I enjoyed the book, it was a nice contemporary YA read. It read pretty fast. At the time I only wrote a quick review:

The next day I read Nicola Yoon - Everything, Everything. This was a good, quick read. The chapters were short which I liked for a read-a-thon. I quite liked this book. I can't tell you exactly why though because that would be spoiling it. This book is about a girl with an autoimmune disease who isn't allowed outside the house. Then new neighbours move in and through online contact she starts to fall in love with the boy living next door. I quite liked this book.

It doesn't say a whole lot. I didn't feel like writing much at the time I think. But I remember liking the book.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided to read A Court of Thorns and Roses in the end and I LOVE it so far. I'm on a Court of Mist and Fury. And yeah, to be honest I wasn't even planning on reading the Kill Order anyway. My brothers best friend gave me all the Maze Runner books, except that one so maybe its a blessing in disguise. :D And I'm actually finding myself to really, really want to read Everything Everything. And I'm such a mood reader too. My other reader friends make schedules, and things but I'm so unpredictable aha. Definitely read the Infernal Devices! I think Will Herondale is my all time favourite book character, and he is from that book. Its an amazing read. As for Rick Riordan, I adored the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and Heroes of Olympus, but sadly I don't see myself pursuing The Trials of Apollo. I just feel like he's dragging that out kind of longer than he should. But really enjoyed the other two I have written there. Percabeth forever aha :kiss: Throne of Glass has a lot of fans, and lovers like ourselves but there is a good bit of negative reviews on BookTube. Although most people thankfully seem to like it as much as I do! Rowaelin forever. Hated that cliffhanger at the end of EoS. Yikes. 

18 hours ago, Notorious Nerd said:

So, I decided to read A Court of Thorns and Roses in the end and I LOVE it so far. I'm on a Court of Mist and Fury.

I'm glad you're enjoying the ACOTAR series :) (to use the abbreviation I've seen used on blogs and BookTube).

And yeah, to be honest I wasn't even planning on reading the Kill Order anyway. My brothers best friend gave me all the Maze Runner books, except that one so maybe its a blessing in disguise. :D 

Haha, it could be a blessing in disguise!

And I'm actually finding myself to really, really want to read Everything Everything. And I'm such a mood reader too. My other reader friends make schedules, and things but I'm so unpredictable aha.

I can't make a schedule either, I'm totally a mood reader! I hope you enjoy Everything, Everything :).

Definitely read the Infernal Devices! I think Will Herondale is my all time favourite book character, and he is from that book. Its an amazing read.

I've heard great things about Will Herondale.. am curious to see if I'll like him too or not :). I thought he was in The Mortal Instruments, but I've read 3 books of that now, so it's good to know I'll meet him in The Infernal Devices!

As for Rick Riordan, I adored the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and Heroes of Olympus, but sadly I don't see myself pursuing The Trials of Apollo. I just feel like he's dragging that out kind of longer than he should. But really enjoyed the other two I have written there. Percabeth forever aha :kiss: 

Shame to hear about the The Trials of Apollo, but your reasoning does make sense.

Throne of Glass has a lot of fans, and lovers like ourselves but there is a good bit of negative reviews on BookTube. Although most people thankfully seem to like it as much as I do! Rowaelin forever. Hated that cliffhanger at the end of EoS. Yikes. 

It's true there are negative reviews on BookTube of Throne of Glass, I've seen a few of those. I've heard the first book is perhaps less good than the other ones. It'll be interesting to see what I think when I start it. Good to know about the cliffhanger!

I used to watch a lot of BookTube but I haven't been keeping up the past few months, after stuff happened in my own life and I was busy. So, I've got a backlog of the last few months to watch, I think I watch too many people! I've sort of given up on it lately, not been watching it as much. I have a disability that makes it harder for me to deal with input (such as sound, sight, touch, smell, tastes, though sound is harder for me than sight in terms of the video), so I can only watch a limited amount of videos a day. I do plan on going back to BookTube and catching up with my backlog eventually but I've been doing other things and not sure I miss it as much as I thought.

Want to tell me some of your favourite BookTubers? I'm curious if we follow(ed) the same people :).

I actually find jessethereader hilarious :D I was like on a massive 'watching readbyzoe booktube videos' spree and I saw his thumbnail there just popping out and I thought he looked remarkably odd :lol: Eventually, I noticed he was commenting on many of the other booktubers I watch (polandbanansbooks, readbyzoe), so I decided I'd give him a go, and I'm so glad I did! I love his videos so much now, and he's probably my favourite booktuber. Then Cristene, (Idk if she has a 'h' in her name lol) probably. I used to love readbyzoe and she's quite good I just don't watch her that often anymore. I think those are my top 3 most watched but sometimes I just randomly find myself watching a girl named 'LeeNicole'. Pretty random most of the time though. And I found myself not watching it as much as usual, but I'm planning on catching up on it on a spare weekend. And I hope you get time to catch up soon too ;)

On 6/4/2017 at 10:44 AM, Athena said:

I used to watch a lot of BookTube but I haven't been keeping up the past few months, after stuff happened in my own life and I was busy. So, I've got a backlog of the last few months to watch, I think I watch too many people! I've sort of given up on it lately, not been watching it as much. I have a disability that makes it harder for me to deal with input (such as sound, sight, touch, smell, tastes, though sound is harder for me than sight in terms of the video), so I can only watch a limited amount of videos a day. I do plan on going back to BookTube and catching up with my backlog eventually but I've been doing other things and not sure I miss it as much as I thought.

Want to tell me some of your favourite BookTubers? I'm curious if we follow(ed) the same people :).

I really like jessethereader too! He makes such great videos. He's one of my favourites. I used to watch readbyzoe but not anymore for a while. I can't remember why though. I also usually watch most of Christine's videos (I think it's spelled that way, but am not sure); that is before I got so behind. I haven't heard of LeeNichole.

Thanks :). It's been a few months, so it takes a long time to catch up. But sometimes I do miss it, so I'll have to try to make more of an effort.

And actually recently I've been getting into Christene's channel more and her and Jessie are both so hiarlious lol 😂They have a friend named KatyTastic or something ?? I watched one of her videos, she's good yeah. And no bother (; And it definitely takes lng to catch up, I remember once I was gone for months and there was a bunch of inside jokes I didn't get aha but it's worth the wait. It's nice to know that there is people out there who adore books as much as I do 😂 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2017 at 6:04 PM, Notorious Nerd said:

Hey! Hope your having a great May and everything :011:. So, I'm currently on the last book of the Throne of Glass series, Emperor of Storms, which I love. I think this series is really amazing, and it conveys the feelings of the characters so well, and so realistic which is hard to achieve in a fantasy book. The characters are great as well, and the plot never bores you, there's never any part your compelled to skip or skim. Which you shouldn't do anyway haha. I'd highly recommend this book! But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm coming to the end of one series and I'm looking to start another. So, I'm definitely going to read a Court or Thorns and Roses after, also by Sarah J. Maas but after that I'm sincerely pondering about the Lunar Chronicles. Is it any good? If you've read it could you please try and do a small, spoiler free review on it? Thanks! Also, I have the first book of the Maze Runner, which I'm excited to start, I just really don't know when. See, I bought it when I bought the first books of Divergent and The Mortal Instruments, (both which I love to death!), and I then proceeded to read more series, and kind of neglected the Maze Runner, which I shouldn't have really. I need to start it soon, because a lot of people have told me its really good. Then, I have The Dark Artifices, the sequel to TMI. I want to read it but its not a book I'm as enthusiatic about starting, which is unfortnate because I know I'll love it when I do eventually pick it up. And I have the first two books of Magnus Chase. Well..:mellow: I gave it a genuine go but I never really enjoyed reading it. So, that went down hill. Also want to read Everything Everything, sounds good.

What're your opinions? Please help! Thanks lol :D (WHAT A RANT LMAO)

I can suggest You to read an epic series "More than a game" written by Andrey Vasyliev. This masterpiece of the LitRPG genre will completely captivate Your imagination and will immerse You in the virtual world of game. This fantasy novel has an extremely interesting plot and dynamic development of the events. Fayroll is more than a novel, it's a brilliant synergy of fantasy fiction and online gaming. Moreover, it’s an inspiring novel full of action adventure and serendipitous fun. More details of this book You can find following this link

Edited by Athena
New members are not allowed to post links.