Leah's List

Leah

These are the books I've bought and am slowly trying to get to.

A Breathe of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

A Fine Passion by Stephanie Laurens

April Shadows by V.C. Andrews

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Hades' Daughter by Sara Douglas

I believe those are all my current buys and on my to read list. I'm in the middle of The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, the fifth book in her Outlander series. I've been working on it for a while, cause I was determined to reread her entire series before I start on the sixth one A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

I think one of my buddies has been reading the Outlander series - I'll look forward to hearing what you thought of them (I've not read them myself - yet!). And, of course, The Chronicles of Narnia are old faves of mine - I adore them!

Actually, they'll be due for a dusting-off & a re-reading come the New Year, I think!

• 1 month later...

I just finished A Breath of Snow & Ashes in the wee hours of the morning today. I loved it, my biggest question is whether or not this is the final book in the series. The way it concluded I could almost think it is but at the same time it didn't quite go as far as I thought she said she was going to go with it. I guess it's time for me to do some major research. Honestly I'd be happy with it the way it is, especially since she kind of like concluded the stories for almost all of the characters except the main two. And at that she made it to where there wasn't really anyone left for them to really interact with, hmmm. Most likely it is the final book, and if so I wonder what she'll do next.

As far as recommendations go I would definitely recommend this series to anyone that has the patience to sit through long books. I know not everyone can. In my opinion these books are much different than anything I have ever read but done very well. She researches her topics and makes them as true to history as she can even though she is writing a fiction novel. She pays very close attention to detail as far as locations go and everything. Some of her storylines are very eccentric but written so well that you can't help but want more and to know what will happen because of it. It does seem kind of unreal that she managed to write not one but six books that are all close to 1000 pages or more long and keep the storyline going so well that you can't help but want more. At least that's my opinion.

Now that I've read that whole series it's time to move on to something new and different so I'm going to start V.C. Andrews new series and read April Shadows. Hopefully it will be more like the previous series and be something new and different and a major improvement over some of the past series. But I own all of her books and keep reading regardless hoping that they get better (even though I know it's a he writing them now, not a she). Will let you know what I think and I'll try to post an updated list of books on my to read list soon.

April Showers is finished, on to the Chronicles of Narnia, and I'm really looking forward to it. After that let's see I've still got these I should read.

A Fine Passion - Stephanie Laurens

From the Corner of His Eye - Dean Koontz

The Face - Dean Koontz

Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz

Hades' Daughter - Sara Douglass

I have many more I've never read on my shelves I just need to go through them, but I've got a craving for Dean Koontz but I really want to read the Chronicles of Narnia so I started with it first And everyone else around here has made me want to go out and get Odd Thomas.

The only one I never enjoyed so much was The Horse & His Boy. In my mind, it just didn't fit in with the rest of them, seeing as there were no "our world" kids in it (as far as I can remember - it's been a while as I usually skip it nowadays - LOL).

Have you read any Kelley Armstrong? (I've lost track of who has & who hasn't these days - LOL!).

Or if you like crime with wit & humour, try Chrostopher Brookmyre...

With Armstrong, start at the beginning with Bitten & work your way through (there's an article on the new articles page with a link to her official site). With Brookmyre, Try starting with Quite Ugly One Morning - it's the 1st one with Jack Parlabane in it (most of them have him in) & work your way through them. Both excellent writers with very different genres & styles.

Cool, and I almost forgot, I'm on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I'm loving the series!!!!!! And as I know my hubby hasn't read them either as soon as I finished the first one I handed it to him and told him he needed to read it as he would like it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I did buy Bitten & Odd Thomas. They're both now on my to read list.

And I'm with you Maureen, I started The Horse & His Boy over a week ago and I just can't seem to make myself finish reading it, I am closer, in fact I'm gonna try to make myself finish it tonight just so I can move on. It does have Edmund, Peter, & Lucy in it but they're not in it much. It does kind of fit with the first two but it's just different in my opinion.

Oh and the store I shopped at here in town only had Kelley Armstrongs first two books none of the rest, since I found your complete list of her works earlier when I stopped by and was trying to catch up on my posts. Didn't work but I tried. I got her e-books downloaded, just don't know what I will do when I get around to reading Bitten and can only find one of the her other books, guess it will be time to start searching the internet, oh joy, the fun stuff.

I sure hope so. I'm at a stopping point right now. I just finished The Horse and His Boy and I'm debating on what to read next, I so want to pick up a Dean Koontz but I've been in a Harry Potter mood, plus I'd like to try something new so I'm considering Bitten. One of these days I'll make a decision.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, just been busy with my little one who can now roll clear across my living room in a matter of seconds, or at least it seems that way.