Virginia

Cozy Mysteries

38 posts in this topic

I have never read Agatha Christie. May I be forgiven! 

Is there any order they should be read in and should I go for Miss Marple or Poirot first? 

3 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I have never read Agatha Christie. May I be forgiven! 

Is there any order they should be read in and should I go for Miss Marple or Poirot first? 

What about trying The Secret Adversary ? It`s the first Tommy & Tuppence book. :)

1 hour ago, Little Pixie said:

What about trying The Secret Adversary ? It`s the first Tommy & Tuppence book. :)

Ooh that sounds enticing. Will have a look at that. thank you :) 

I feel pretty badly. I just realized that I've not read A. Christie either!!! I've done the movies but not the books. Bad me!

4 hours ago, Virginia said:

I feel pretty badly. I just realized that I've not read A. Christie either!!! I've done the movies but not the books. Bad me!

I've got all the David Suchet as Poirot DVDs ; I'd pick those over the books anyway. :)

7 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

Ooh that sounds enticing. Will have a look at that. thank you :) 

If you have a kindle, it sometimes turns up as free. :)

I've now listened to 8 more AR audiobooks and have started on an Donna Andrews, lol! I also have some J. B. Fletcher, Murder She Wrote books on hold at the library.

21 hours ago, Virginia said:

I've now listened to 8 more AR audiobooks and have started on an Donna Andrews, lol! I also have some J. B. Fletcher, Murder She Wrote books on hold at the library.

Hurray ! I`ve got the latest (paperback) Donna Andrews, but I`m saving it for a day when I need cheering up ( along with the latest Rita Mae Brown`s Sneaky Pie Brown and Joanne Fluke`s Hannah Swensen ). :)

Which Donna Andrews is it ? :D

On 04/05/2017 at 4:13 PM, Little Pixie said:

This was a great recommendation. Going to carry on with the series. thank you :) 

1 hour ago, Lau_Lou said:

This was a great recommendation. Going to carry on with the series. thank you :) 

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:34 AM, Little Pixie said:

Oh, and Donna Andrews - she has a series( ` Meg Langslow`)  set in Virginia which is very funny and has great characters. 

Recently finished Murder With Peacocks, just started Murder With Puffins by Donna Andrews. Very funny with lots of eccentric characters, great read when you're not in the mood for anything heavy. Thanks again for the recommendation Li'l Pixie :hug:

14 hours ago, poppy said:

Recently finished Murder With Peacocks, just started Murder With Puffins by Donna Andrews. Very funny with lots of eccentric characters, great read when you're not in the mood for anything heavy. Thanks again for the recommendation Li'l Pixie :hug:

Aww, you`re welcome. :D

I noticed you were reading them, but didn`t want to be pushy and ask how you were liking them ( I think I`ve pushed enough people into trying them ! :lol:

I`m up to book 20 myself ; it`s in my TBR,waiting till I need a reading kickstart, or for a treat at Xmas. :)