Please use this thread for simple moderator requests, such as when you would like a thread / post deleted, closed etc.

Please do not use for technical queries - these are best posted as separate threads, so that others can find them if they have the same problem.

Thank you :)

• Michelle pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Due to my incompetence, I've posted the same post three or four times to chesilbeach's blog thread.  Done in the past 10 minutes.  I've hidden all but one, but wondered if the hidden ones need to be actually deleted.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is an issue globally with the forum. We're not sure yet what's causing it, it seems to be something on the server side of things. Michelle is trying to contact them. I will put up a notice. I'm sorry about this, it's frustrating me too. I hope the problem can be fixed soon.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Athena said:

It is an issue globally with the forum. We're not sure yet what's causing it, it seems to be something on the server side of things. Michelle is trying to contact them. I will put up a notice. I'm sorry about this, it's frustrating me too. I hope the problem can be fixed soon.

Thanks for that Athena, good to know it wasn't just me. :) 

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

Are notifications working for people now?

Yes!! Thanks Michelle :D

• 1 month later...

Hi, I managed to post the same post three times ('Stiff, sun-dried books - help!' in General Book Discussion). I can't find any buttons to edit or hide them, as I've seen mentioned elsewhere, but could you please delete two of the three? Very embarrassed, and very sorry!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Hayley, or Brian,

I think that I never use any of my past book logs, and these are simply wasting space. Could you delete Marie H Reading List 2018 and any other previous logs.

My ongoing reading log is sufficient for my use, as I don’t produce much in the way of reviews, and Goodreads is enough for my information/book rating etc.

6 hours ago, Marie H said:

Hi Hayley, or Brian,

I think that I never use any of my past book logs, and these are simply wasting space. Could you delete Marie H Reading List 2018 and any other previous logs.

My ongoing reading log is sufficient for my use, as I don’t produce much in the way of reviews, and Goodreads is enough for my information/book rating etc.

Hi Marie,

This is something I can do for you no problem but please don’t think of any contributions you have made as a waste of space regardless of how small they may feel. The space any topics take up on the servers is small so leaving them up is no issue.

However, let me know if you still wish them to be removed and I’ll take care of it for you. 

7 hours ago, Marie H said:

Hi Hayley, or Brian,

I just wanted to echo what Brian said. If you don't want your past book logs to be on here they're easy to remove but you don't need to worry about them taking up space on the forum. The space used when you make a thread is really, really tiny. 

17 hours ago, Brian. said:

Hi Marie,

This is something I can do for you no problem but please don’t think of any contributions you have made as a waste of space regardless of how small they may feel. The space any topics take up on the servers is small so leaving them up is no issue.

However, let me know if you still wish them to be removed and I’ll take care of it for you. 

15 hours ago, Hayley said:

I just wanted to echo what Brian said. If you don't want your past book logs to be on here they're easy to remove but you don't need to worry about them taking up space on the forum. The space used when you make a thread is really, really tiny. 

Thanks Brian & Hayley.

I’m still feeling happy to delete the old book logs; as I never use them, they seem to be clogging up space, for me. I’ve had to downsize my paper & hardbacks to a very small amount, plus any that I’ve had read will be going to the charity shops soon *fingers crossed*. It’s that I like the idea of spring cleaning the old logs, that’s all. 

So I’ll keep use the Marie H’s Book Log - Ongoing, and the Members Thread please.

2 hours ago, Marie H said:

Thanks Brian & Hayley.

I’m still feeling happy to delete the old book logs; as I never use them, they seem to be clogging up space, for me. I’ve had to downsize my paper & hardbacks to a very small amount, plus any that I’ve had read will be going to the charity shops soon *fingers crossed*. It’s that I like the idea of spring cleaning the old logs, that’s all. 

So I’ll keep use the Marie H’s Book Log - Ongoing, and the Members Thread please.

All done. 

• 11 months later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to further divide the Past Blogs Forum into years? What I mean is all the blogs for 2020 in a section/folder for the year 2020. Or sectioned by person? I understand that doing a search in this forum got me what I wanted but it would have been easier if I could search by year, or by person. I also realise that it would be a lot of work, so just a suggestion.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to further divide the Past Blogs Forum into years? What I mean is all the blogs for 2020 in a section/folder for the year 2020. Or sectioned by person? I understand that doing a search in this forum got me what I wanted but it would have been easier if I could search by year, or by person. I also realise that it would be a lot of work, so just a suggestion.

I guess the simple answer is yes, technically. It would really need to have a dedicated section though. We have talked about archiving posts before and organising by year is a good suggestion :) 

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I guess the simple answer is yes, technically. It would really need to have a dedicated section though. We have talked about archiving posts before and organising by year is a good suggestion :) 

Jolly good. I think that it would take ages though and probably be tedious so something to aspire to, maybe.