1001 Books - To highlight or not?

Do i highlight this book  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do i highlight this book

• Do it, it is your book and therefore your record
    • Don't do it Evil book defacer

I have dilemma i have the 1001 Books book and i have read some and wnat to read many more of them and this is my book which i will kepp forever. So in the beginning where the books are listed alphabetically do i highlight the ones i have read or not?

I would do it very neatly and use a ruler!!!

Help please

No! Don't mark the book! Instead, download the very handy excel spreadsheet from HERE and keep note on there. That's how I'm keeping tabs (I don't have the book myself).

I don't have Excel on my computer so can't download that file - well I can but I can't open it. Is the list itself online anywhere?

I don't have excel either. Maybe you have already copied it to word, but I downloaded it to open office, which is available online and had a spreadsheet program as well as others. Michelle kindly pointed me to that and I like it so far. The writer is great.

Laura - It is a book called 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. We have had discussions on it and there is a thread which shows how many people have read.

I've been notching up a few this year since I started the challenge in May this year. I'd already read 38 when I started and I'm now onto my 58th.

You can see my progress HERE.

There have been some EXCELLENT reads in the ones I've tackled so far!

I'm certainly not going to read all of them either, Adam - there are some on that list that just don't appeal to me at all - but I think I'll most likely try the majority of them. I've picked out those that appeal most and will concentrate on those ones first. At the moment, I have to read at a rate of 19 books from the list every year, which is definitely do-able - I could just read 2 of them each month and beat that. The good thing for you is, starting young as you are, you're "yearly target" will be much lower, so it'll be easier for you to keep up with it. :tong:

I started following the list in May this year and I had already read 38 when I started. I'm currently on by 58th book, so I've managed 20 in just over 5 months (crikey - that's about 4 a month - I've been reading them faster than I thought!). I'd like to tackle another 4 by the end of the year - I think that's a pretty reasonable target. :eek::):readingtwo::D:readingtwo:

• 1 month later...

I'm seriously going to have to get hold of the book. I've now read 66 of the books on the list (when I started in May I had only read 38, so I've managed to tick off a respectable 28 more books from the list in 7 months), which makes me rather pleased with myself!

I'm seriously going to have to get hold of the book. I've now read 66 of the books on the list (when I started in May I had only read 38, so I've managed to tick off a respectable 28 more books from the list in 7 months), which makes me rather pleased with myself!

I should think you are Kell, well done!!:welcome:

That's kind of what I've been doing, PrincessPonti - I've been choosing books from the list that also fit my other challenges - a sneaky way of getting them all in at once. :welcome: