• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  
Raven

Overheard in the Street

A thread for things you don't mean to overhear, but do...

Guy in pub: He's been out with some real stunners, but also some complete ogres...

Girl in same group: I don't like that; calling a woman a 'stunner' is objectification...

?

"I asked that Sean , who was in charge, and he was effing useless."

A colleague about me back in 2012.

Looooool.

He always looked like a numpty.

I really don't know if this will get deleted or not, but this is the true story of my favourite ever "overhead" conversation...

The company I work for manufacturers radio products, so occasionally we have to test their range to make sure they cover the distance we state in our product literature.

The only free space near where I work, that has a good line of sight, is the grounds of the local collage.

So there I was, one sunny summer afternoon, trying to workout if our latest product was a wolf or a dog, when I overheard some passing girl utter the following nugget to her friends:

Girl: She said he did it through her tights, so it doesn't count...

That is all I heard of the conversation, put on that what spin you will.

[apologies to anyone who has just sprayed their monitor with coffee]

My favourite ever overheard part of a conversation was in a shopping centre at the height of the Twilight book and film popularity (and in a local west country accent)

"It's like them people that reads those vampire books, they'd s*** 'emselves if they met one in real life"

I detected no hint of humour in tone and the statement was met with straight faced agreement by the companion.

On 07/04/2017 at 3:50 PM, chesilbeach said:

My favourite ever overheard part of a conversation was in a shopping centre at the height of the Twilight book and film popularity (and in a local west country accent)

"It's like them people that reads those vampire books, they'd s*** 'emselves if they met one in real life"

I detected no hint of humour in tone and the statement was met with straight faced agreement by the companion.

LOL. She was a hard woman and no mistake. 

On 07/04/2017 at 0:27 AM, Raven said:

I really don't know if this will get deleted or not, but this is the true story of my favourite ever "overhead" conversation...

The company I work for manufacturers radio products, so occasionally we have to test their range to make sure they cover the distance we state in our product literature.

The only free space near where I work, that has a good line of sight, is the grounds of the local collage.

So there I was, one sunny summer afternoon, trying to workout if our latest product was a wolf or a dog, when I overheard some passing girl utter the following nugget to her friends:

Girl: She said he did it through her tights, so it doesn't count...

That is all I heard of the conversation, put on that what spin you will.

[apologies to anyone who has just sprayed their monitor with coffee]

One can only speculate. 

I guess the range of possibilities is narrow. 

😂 ☺ 😁