Athena

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a complaint, but the mobile version of the old boards was much easier to use than this one.

The new version seems to have made changes so the regular format of the boards works on both PCs and mobiles etc. but it seems to be an uncomfortable mash up. 

Does anyone know if there is an app for the new version that works better on smaller devices? 

I have to disagree with you on that one, I find it works far better on my iPhone than the old version. I find it's just the same version but presented slightly differently.. and it seems to scale up or down dependant on screen size. Is there anything in particular which doesn't work for you?

15 hours ago, Michelle said:

We haven't made any changes this end, and they're still working for me, both on a chrome book and my phone. Have you done anything different, using a different browser or such?

No, exactly the same as before.

All the emoticons.  I'm just on a laptop, worked fine before.  I can get the emoticons, it's just that they don't come up as pictures like they did before the upgrade, so I can't always tell which is which until I select one.  I get a series of very faint black dots, with the emoticon abbreviation such as a colon and a bracket for :) , hope that makes sense.

Did they disappear after the upgrade, or just recently? If it's a problem which occurred due to the upgrade, we do need more information about your browser, operating system etc.. there was an issue with emoticons, but we believe it to be sorted.

If they were ok directly after the upgrade, and have only disappeared recently, then it's more likely to be an issue your end, as we haven't made any changes, and others can see them ok.

Edited by Michelle
corrected and clarified!

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Michelle said:

Is there anything in particular which doesn't work for you?

No, it's not that things aren't working, it's just that I don't find it as easy to navigate.

The old mobile version had large icons that got you where you wanted to go quickly, with this version you have to navigate it like a webpage, which I don't find as easy with my chubby banana fingers!

I've had a look for a mobile app but there doesn't appear to be one.

No matter!

44 minutes ago, Raven said:

I've had a look for a mobile app but there doesn't appear to be one.

Could you give us a screenshot of what you're looking at?  Are you on Android, Windows (yuk!  :P ) or an Apple phone?   :)

Sorry for the HUGE pictures above, @Raven - those are what I see on my mobile phone.  The first is 'inside' a thread, the second is 'inside' a forum (clicking on the dark blue star takes one to the first unread post) and the third is the front of the forum.  I'm using an Android phone (Sony) on a Chrome browser - I think they're really easy to navigate.  :)

5 hours ago, Janet said:

Could you give us a screenshot of what you're looking at?  Are you on Android, Windows (yuk!  :P ) or an Apple phone?   :)

I have an Android phone, but it doesn't have the largest of screens so selecting options on web pages isn't always easy.  The previous version of the board had large icons to take you where you wanted to go, this has fiddly small links...

As I said above - however - no matter (don't worry about it!).

So just to clarify, as soon as we updated, none of the emoticons worked for you? There were problems with some, but Athena made some changes, and they've been fine since. Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache etc?

Is anyone else not seeing them?

On 05/05/2017 at 8:39 PM, Madeleine said:

All the emoticons.  I'm just on a laptop, worked fine before.  I can get the emoticons, it's just that they don't come up as pictures like they did before the upgrade, so I can't always tell which is which until I select one.  I get a series of very faint black dots, with the emoticon abbreviation such as a colon and a bracket for :) , hope that makes sense.

So, is it only when you're using the editor and trying to select an emoticon to use?

On the work computer it's set slightly higher (probably 125%) not sure what it is at home, but it worked fine before!:o  And having just tried to get one, they all appeared:roll:, so it may be an issue with my home PC.  Thanks for your help.:thankyousigna2:

Edited by Madeleine