Your Book Activity - April 2017

Athena

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howdy everyone! According to my Goodreads, I am 9 books behind schedule. Whoops! Planning to get back on track with that now. Nearing the end of two books, so that'll take the edge off. Fortunately, despite having started them a while back, they're easy books to remember the general plots of, so I don't feel the need to abandon them!

Good luck catching up :)! What did you set your challenge as, again?

I've finally started to read Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments 3: City of Glass. I hadn't been in the mood for it for a while and I felt pressured, but I finally decided to give it a go. So far it's nice.

A week into The Mill on the Floss, and only about a quarter of the way through when I expected to have finished by now.  Loads of distractions, but have to admit that in spite of enjoying the writing itself, I'm struggling to settle down with it.  Not quite sure why, but think that it's partly because, whilst I don't know the plot, I know it's a tragedy, and just can't get myself going on it when it's such a big book.  Will persist!  I need to get a couple of good sessions under my belt - Victorian novels don't lend themselves to short stints and/or dipping.

Edited by willoyd

I've been a nightmare the last couple of weeks and bought loads of books, although some were just stocking up with the next book in a few different series I'm reading, as I like those on holiday.

I also bought the latest Emma Carroll book, Letters from the LighthouseMoonlocket by Peter Bunzl and The Girl Savage by Katherine Rundell.  I finished Letters from the Lighthouse within hours of buying it, I thought it was great! :D

Yesterday, I finished Venetia by Georgette Heyer, which I really enjoyed too.  I've been reading some Heyer's occasionally anyway, but this one was also one of the books discussed on the Backlisted podcast, so it had double the appeal for me.

Next up, I think I'd better start my next book from my reading group, Blood and Beauty by Sarah Dunant, as it's about 550 pages and not my usual read, so I need to give myself plenty of time to get through it. :lol: 

• Janet unpinned this topic