Where Are Your Books Kept?

Adam

EVERYWHERE! I have no space, they take over everthing. At home, all my antique and other special books live on the 3 top shelves. My other book case is jam packed and then there are piles on the floor...it got to a stage where I could no longer move in my room so I had to have a big, ruthless, heartbreaking clearout: not a nice thing because I am a horder of books, even the ones I didn't like.

At uni, where I am at present, my books are mainly in stacks on shelves and my desk, though I am getting rather a large stack developing next to my bed.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We recently bought a chest coffee table, which I filled with books. Then the other day, I looked under the table for something, and the bottom of it has broken and is bulging outwards. :cry2: So, I've had to move a whole lot of them out and into a plastic storage tub which is sitting in our (tiny) lounge room. :blush:

Thirteen crates and a bookcase in the spare room, one crate in my bedroom, a bookcase in the living room, a cupboard in the hall, cooking books on the kitchen worktop and randomly scattered about the house (settee, coffee table, piled up on the floor).

Mine are kept on two shelves, but they're definitely near breaking point! I also have two boxes that are crammed with books/dvds/cds but those are mostly books I didn't really like or don't plan on re-reading; I just don't have the heart to throw any of them away! I'm either going to get a new shelf, or wait till I move out and get a huge book cabinet from Ikea.

In a vault.Guarded by large bald guys with sharp pointy sticks.An electric fence which could bake a chicken in under 5 seconds and a lake full of crocodiles with lasers attached to their heads.I also had a sign saying "Please do not steal" but it got stolen.

Seriously now, I have a home library, the big kind, I keep them there.

We have books in the entrance hall, the sitting room, our bedroom, the spare bedroom, the hallway (I'm very good at stacking) and finally, as of 2 months ago, I have my library - which is already full ;) Shelves on every wall except the one with the window!

:readingtwo:Beside my bed. :readingtwo:Bookshelves in bedroom. :readingtwo:Bookshelves in the living room and bookshelf in dining room. These bookshelves are shared with other people though. But it would be ssssoooooooo nice to have :readingtwo:'library':readingtwo: room wouldn't it:blush:!

DD has a library at the estate. It's my absolute favourite room in the whole place! And everytime we have parties there I fight very hard to keep the library as "off-limits" space, just so that I can go and have a breather in there to calm down if need be during the party. No other space calms me down that well. Except maybe a hockey arena (I'm addicted to the chemicals they use to make the ice, the smell of those always makes me feel at home). But they're a bit harder to come by during a party.

• 6 months later...

With all the new members, I thought I'd get this one up again...

Where do you keep your books? was the original question, with follow-up of How do you organize them?