71 replies to this topic

#61 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

I'm glad you had a nice time, Chesil :).

June, I'm glad the decision worked out and that you're happy about it :).

#62 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 12,059 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

June, I'm glad all your decisions are going well. from what you said about the two gardening candidates, I think I would have chosen the younger man too for the same reasons (I am always in favor of supporting/giving chances to people who are keen to learn and better themselves) and I'm glad to hear he accepted the job :) Let us know how he gets on!

I had a lovely weekend, Paddy's day was blissfully chilled out at home. On Saturday I did a spring clean of my room, which is looking very shiny now, and Sat night until Monday morning I spent with a 'friend' I've been seeing for a few weeks, which was really chilled out and really, really lovely.

So I'm in good form!

I've also ordered two duvet sets into a shop (Guineys) which hopefully I'll be able to pick up tomorrow. Anyone else love bedsheets? I *love* bedsheets. I have some at home that I've had for 4 or 5 years that are a bit worn and torn, so the new sets will replace those. Got a plain black set with a kind of ribbed satin panel near the top and ribbed satin frilling on the edges of the pillows.The other set is a gorgeous teal set which I've actually included the below picture of (I get excited about bedsheets okay, indulge me!).

Attached File  teal.jpg   101.1KB   0 downloads

I just love how they're primarily a fresh cool colour but are still bright and colourful.

Anyway I'll shut up about bedsheets now. :lol:

#63 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Those bedsheets are beautiful :)! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

We saw a friend of the family today, and she brought us a slice of (homemade) cake! That was an unexpected delight :).

#64 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,749 posts
  • Reading now?:Cogheart by Peter Bunzl

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Ooh, that bedding is lovely, Noll. :)

#65 Talisman

Talisman

Ugly bag of mostly water

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Reading now?:Before Night Falls: Reinaldo Arenas
  • Locationleafy Surrey

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

June, I'm glad all your decisions are going well. from what you said about the two gardening candidates, I think I would have chosen the younger man too for the same reasons (I am always in favor of supporting/giving chances to people who are keen to learn and better themselves) and I'm glad to hear he accepted the job :) Let us know how he gets on!

I had a lovely weekend, Paddy's day was blissfully chilled out at home. On Saturday I did a spring clean of my room, which is looking very shiny now, and Sat night until Monday morning I spent with a 'friend' I've been seeing for a few weeks, which was really chilled out and really, really lovely.

So I'm in good form!

I've also ordered two duvet sets into a shop (Guineys) which hopefully I'll be able to pick up tomorrow. Anyone else love bedsheets? I *love* bedsheets. I have some at home that I've had for 4 or 5 years that are a bit worn and torn, so the new sets will replace those. Got a plain black set with a kind of ribbed satin panel near the top and ribbed satin frilling on the edges of the pillows.The other set is a gorgeous teal set which I've actually included the below picture of (I get excited about bedsheets okay, indulge me!).

attachicon.gifteal.jpg

I just love how they're primarily a fresh cool colour but are still bright and colourful.

Anyway I'll shut up about bedsheets now. :lol:

I will do, and it's good to know that others think I made the right choice. Hopefully it work out with the cleaner as well. I saw her husband at work this morning and he told me they are both very happy about it.

Love the new bed sheets and glad that the two of you had a nice weekend. :smile:

Those bedsheets are beautiful :)! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

We saw a friend of the family today, and she brought us a slice of (homemade) cake! That was an unexpected delight :).

Glad you enjoyed the cake. :smile:

Edited by Talisman, 21 March 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#66 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Last day at work for the week for me tomorrow since I worked last weekend, but it'll be a long one so probably won't be around here again until Friday.  Already looking forward to having a bit of a lie in on Friday and a relaxing weekend.  I'd love to get some sewing started, as I haven't had time to do any for a few weeks, but I'm also really enjoying my reading at the moment, and I keep getting caught up in books.

#67 Madeleine

Madeleine

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,334 posts
  • Reading now?:The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
  • LocationSE England

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

I've got tomorrow off as well, have a good day Chesil!

#68 Sazed

Sazed

Settling In

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Reading now?:The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • LocationYork, UK

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

I've gone back home to Germany for the holidays, and I'm so happy to be back. I also managed to take a week off work so it works out so that I only actually have to work from home on two days while I'm here. The rest of the time I'll focus on my uni revision and assignments I have to do, and I should hopefully also have loads of time to just relax, read, and meet friends!

#69 Virginia

Virginia

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hey y'all!

I've been in and out of the forum, checking in. I haven't always had access to my laptop in order to respond. Hope all is well with everyone!

I've spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in real estate school. I took an exam Wednesday and passed. I now need to do my criminal background check and take the national test, which is pretty much the same as the one I just took. Then I'm all set! The thing about going into real estate is that its an expensive (at least to me) endeavor. Everything costs, from the exams, registration, background check, business cards, insurance, fees for becoming a member of the real estate association (mandatory), desk rental, advertisement, signs for the yard... one can come out of pocket almost $2,000 before selling your first house.

I've got a few weeks of down time as the last class isn't til 10 April and the exam is in about two weeks. I'll do some reading and maybe start packing up some of my books, etc. Our lease is up at the end of the year and we're looking into buying. Even if that doesn't pan out, we are out of here because the owner wants to get the house ready to sell.

I've been working out and have lost about 30 pounds. I want to loose about 6 more and I can focus on maintenance. I now need to go shopping as all my clothes are too big, yippy! But UGH because I have to spend money on new clothes, lmbo!!

#70 Talisman

Talisman

Ugly bag of mostly water

• Advanced Member
  • 3,336 posts
  • Reading now?:Before Night Falls: Reinaldo Arenas
  • Locationleafy Surrey

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Lovely to see you back here again Virginia - I was wondering where you had got to. Well done for passing the exam as well, it sounds like hard work but I am sure will be very rewarding. Yes it is costly, but I am sure it will be more than worth it, as you can potentially very quickly earn that money back. It's great that you have managed to lose so much weight as well - I wish I could!

Coran and I have an interesting weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow we are going on a protest march in London - you may hear about it on the news. It is called Unite for Europe and it is of course protesting about the direction the Government is taking us down with a hard Brexit, and for me personally the way she is refusing to guarantee the rights of EU citizens already working here. I know that not everyone on here will share my views, and that's okay, but it is something that Coran and I both feel strongly about, and so for us it is important to go. We will be marching with other members of the Liberal Democrats, which we are both members of.  We have to be at Marble Arch tube station by 10am tomorrow to meet up with the other members from where we will then walk to the official starting line at the Hilton Park Lane. As this is something our leader Tim Farron is fighting hard for and has been quite vociferous about, it is important for us to be there early so we can get near the front of the march to maximise the publicity. Look out for us then on the news!  

#71 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

My day off has been pretty good.  Had to take OH to the DIY place this morning as the greenhouse doors are broken, so he's building a couple of new ones and we needed supplies for that.  After I'd dropped him back home, I went into town and had a coffee and a read, then treated myself to another halloumi wrap for lunch ... these are becoming a weekly Friday treat! :lol:  

I've then spent the afternoon reading, so it's been a pretty good day.  Not sure what the weekend holds, no plans, just going to wing it.

#72 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,749 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:40 PM

Went into town this morning for coffee and a good read of my book, then had lunch out and a walk around the park, before popping in to see my day.  Back home this afternoon, and I've been sorting out a few bits and pieces, and now just watching an old black and white film on the television.  A perfect lazy Saturday! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users