Your Book Activity - March 2017

Kylie

What's your book activity today?

Having finished The Lifeboat, I've returned to reading Isaac's Storm by Eric Larson. It's been hard to put down, and I've read more than 60 pages in the past day. Hoping to finish it in the next couple of days.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Silent Twin by Caroline Mitchell. It was okay - my mojo has been flaky so I don't think that did my experience of reading it much good.

I've started Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and also The Secret of Nightingale Wood by Lucy Strange. Enjoying both so far, so hopefully my mojo will keep up.

My next two books on the go are:

The Cosy Tea Shop in the Castle - Caroline Roberts - reading this one out of order as I have already read Christmas at the Castle

Spectacles - Sue Perkins

Received some books for my birthday last week, which I haven't added to my TBR list yet, so that'll be a job for this afternoon. :)[/font]

Belated happy birthday.  :)

I'm a quarter of the way through The Old Wives' Tale by Arnold Bennett.  So far, so good.  :)

I forgot to take my reading glasses and book to work with me today, so didn't have anything to read at lunchtime - what an idiot!!!  :banghead:   I ended up listening to Lorna Doone ... which wasn't exactly a hardship ;)

Belated happy birthday.  :)

Thank you :D

Belated happy birthday to you, Claire!  :flowers2:

I ended up finishing Isaac's Storm yesterday. Another brilliant book by Erik Larson!

I then returned to a book I started reading earlier in the year, called The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking. Just finished it today. It was a pretty book, and interesting, but a bit repetitive. I think I would fit in well in Denmark. :) 

Oops....well it happens doesn't it...you go in to Waterstones just to browser...yeh right. Well I had a £5 voucher thingy in my purse to I bought a book.

'The Fire Child' by SK Tremayne (of The Ice Twins). Seems to be popular on Facebook bookie groups, so hoping it lives up to expectations.

Well gift vouchers are meant to be spent after all, it would be a shame to waste them!  I've got that book too, wasn't that keen on his other book but like the sound of this one.

Started reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac and after 50 pages I question the four euros I spent on the book.

I didn't get that far!

I have just finished Lorna Doone. A monumental tome that has taken me nigh on three weeks to read. It's not quite as long as Dickens's monsters, but it's a bigger read, almost overwhelming at times. Certainly taken me longer than anything else in recent years. Enjoyed it though.

I seem to be keeping up with an hour or two of reading each day, which is making me very happy. Really enjoying Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, I love how its written. Also enjoying The Secret Of Nightingale Wood, though the main thing driving me is wanting to know what on earth is going on.

My lovely OH presented me with a new book this morning!  We'd been talking about E. H. Young again in the week after watching the Virago documentary, and how some of the books were difficult to get hold of, and which ones we had, and he only went on Amazon and found one of the books I don't have and bought it for me.  It was one of the 1p + P&P so an absolute bargain, and I'm now the proud owner of The Vicar's Daughter. :wub:

Surely that should be "... another copy of A Christmas Carol" ;)

Rumbled!  :D

Post a pic? Pretty please? :D

Okay!  The cover is a little faded (it must have been part of a stack of books that have been in the sun) but for £1 I thought it was worth buying!  You know me!  :D

4.%20A%20Christmas%20Carol%201_zps4hxbuz

If I come across a better copy I will replace it!

4.%20A%20Christmas%20Carol%202_zpsdia67y

Okay!  The cover is a little faded (it must have been part of a stack of books that have been in the sun) but for £1 I thought it was worth buying!  You know me!  :D

If I come across a better copy I will replace it!

Nice! Those illustrations look familiar. Do you know if they're the original illustrations?

My book activity today consisted of walking around Waterstones and moving a copy of Guards! Guards! from my living room to my bedroom.

Living. The. Dream.

Unrelated to your book activity, but related to your avatar: Have you seen the new trailer for Deadpool 2?  :rolol:

I started reading The Island of Doctor Moreau by HG Wells last night. It's one of those books that I've been meaning to read for many years. I'm already halfway through and really enjoying it. :)