Favourite box of chocolates?

chesilbeach

Do you have a favourite box of chocolates that you get as a special treat or receive as a present?

We rarely have chocolate in the house, but I did treat us to a box of Lily O'Briens Chocolate Desserts collection this weekend.  I've never had them before, but these will definitely be a new favourite!  There's six flavours of chocolates, but my two favourites are the Banoffee Pie and the Key Limey Pie, and were absolutely amazing! :wub:

I'll buy a box (or carton) of chocolates maybe twice a year (Easter and Christmas), and my go-to is always Lindt Lindor white chocolate truffles.  They're deliciously toothsome!

I'm making the switch across to vegan chocolate soon, though, so goodbye Lindt Lindor, and hello whatever-it-is-that's-vegan-choc-and-doesn't-taste-like-soap.  :D

We rarely have chocolate in the house, but I did treat us to a box of Lily O'Briens Chocolate Desserts collection this weekend...

I had some of those for Mothering Sunday a few years ago. I remember them being nice.

I don't often eat chocolate (I'm more of a cheese kinda gal! :giggle2: ) but if I were to treat myself it would definitely be to Lindor balls!  :D

Someone bought us the Lily O'Brien's Chocolate Dessert Collection at Christmas .. yummy!! :wub:

I really like the M&S Swiss Chocolate Selection. I've been really lucky to receive it a couple of times along with flowers. 

The problem with nearly all chocolates these days (hmph!! .. fings was better in the old days .. mutter mutter ..) is that there's hardly any variation. It's caramel this and caramel that and no hard centres and nothing ear splittingly crunchy or tooth breakingly hard. It's like they think we have no teeth or just can't be bothered to chew!! Everything centres around nuts and caramel and while I'm a fan of both it would be nice to get some variation.

Having said that the M&S ones don't offer much variation .. but they are very yum!!

Let's face it .. all chocolate is good. I haven't met one that I didn't like :D  

I like Roses because they have fudge, truffle, caramel, orange and strawberry flavoured sweets. I love praline, which is why I love Dairy Box - it's just a giant box of pralines heheh. I hate toffees and chewy things - they're the ones that get left behind in any box of Roses I get.

I've actually never really tried Lily O'Briens - there seem to be some odd ones in her selections and I'm not sure I'd eat them!

We very rarely buy chocolates now adays.  We did buy a box of Roses at Christmas though, we ate a couple between us and then handed them over to a friend of ours who eats any sweets going. Once they were out the house I felt so much better.

I much prefer cheese and biscuits any day of the week.

Mind you those Lily O'Briens chocolates do sound lovely

Edited by shirley

I'll buy a box (or carton) of chocolates maybe twice a year (Easter and Christmas), and my go-to is always Lindt Lindor white chocolate truffles.  They're deliciously toothsome!

I'm making the switch across to vegan chocolate soon, though, so goodbye Lindt Lindor, and hello whatever-it-is-that's-vegan-choc-and-doesn't-taste-like-soap.  :D

There's a white Freedom choc bar in Sainsbury's for a pound which is vegan.

I bought my wife some dark chocolate vegan truffles recently from Trufflepigvegan and they are nice,if a little bitter on the old tastebuds.

I've eliminated sweets from my diet BUT on the occasion that I feel like i need something sweet I've learned to be okay with Lindors 72%. It cures the crave quickly and because it's but my favorite, I can ear one or two blocks and not want more.

Sad cause chocolate was once my LIFE, LOL!!!

I think we probably buy less chocolate now, as most of it has no flavour other than sweet.  It's one of the reasons that prompted me to start the thread as I'd found these Lily O'Brien boxes which actually had distinctive flavours.  I gave up on Roses and Quality Streets for Christmas a couple of years ago, but OH kept buying Matchmakers and After Eights, yet they're still unopened in the cupboard (and probably out of date now too) as I didn't fancy them, and he only ever eats chocolate if I open a box/bar and offer him some! :roll:

I like Roses because they have fudge, truffle, caramel, orange and strawberry flavoured sweets. I love praline, which is why I love Dairy Box - it's just a giant box of pralines heheh. I hate toffees and chewy things - they're the ones that get left behind in any box of Roses I get.

Oh!! It's your fault is it Noll? .. I wondered who they were appealing to  :giggle: 

When I get them, I love buying handmade chocolates in both Scotland (Tobermory on the Isle of Mull) and in Belgium. In both instances you can choose which ones you would like to include. Yum. 

I also have an affection for Terry's Gold - not so much because of the chocs themselves, but because I was given a box when I had my son (many, many moons ago), and have a vivid memory of desperately trying to get the cellophane off the box in the middle of the night while the rest of the ward was sleeping.  :blush2:   :D

It was my birthday last week, and someone kindly bought me another box of the Lily O'Brien chocolates! :wub:  Thanks, Kay. :D  Although, there are only two left now :giggle2:

You're welcome :hug: and chocolates are there to be eaten. I mean, who hoards chocolates!?! Eat them up!! :D 

Actually, I have a chocolate orange in the cupboard. I was going to do a chocolate orange cake for my birthday and then I thought better of it as I was already at cake overload. I don't really want to eat ANY chocolate in March .. I'm going to try and give up snacky food in March (ha .. deluded idiot) so obviously .. I had better eat it tonight :lol: :lol: