My atrociously long TBR needs help

dimes

Hello everyone!

I'm Mandy from Singapore and I'm here because I have a book hoarding addiction. I have about 400+ books on my bookshelf now, and more than half of them have been bought and unread for years and years. I have very recently put a ban on myself from acquiring any new books (including borrowing library books) until I have cleared at least one page of TBR (~30 titles).

I'm a pharmacist, but I recently quit to do a Master's in English Literature. It's a crazy move but one I really wanted to do for my own sake. Besides reading, other hobbies I enjoy are bullet journaling, calligraphy, and I've also tried to pick up drawing and cooking recently!

I'm very happy to be here and look forward to lurking around. 

Welcome here :).

Many of us have huge TBRs (myself included), so you're in the right place!

I hope you enjoy the Master's in English Literature. I love reading, but I can't ever see myself studying it like that. Good luck though :)!

We have a thread on Bullet Journaling here if you feel like posting your own experiences :).

I have a self-imposed ban on buying any new books for the whole year. I can borrow books from friends, family, and the library, or I can read books on my own shelves, and I can accept books as gifts, or download free books to my Kindle, but I can't buy any books for myself at all. It's helping me to whittle down my Mount TBR, but I still have so many from which to choose, I sometimes find it hard to settle on what to pick up next! I've just been downstairs and couldn't make up my mind, so I've brought two more upstairs to start...