What's Up in February 2017?

Athena

Thanks June, my aunt gladly doesn't need surgery, but she's been given a brace. So far the noise isn't too bad here, they're making good progress taking down the trees. Then it will be quiet for two weeks, after that construction will start in ernest.

I hope the last few days at your work will go okay, and that you'll have a great holiday :). I hope things will run fine in your absence.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure they will. My boss has agreed to use the contract cleaners against next week which will help. It is after all a lot to expect someone to work on their own when they have only been here for a month.

I have not been told that my former colleague has appealed, so in the absense of this information I can only assume that he hasn't, which is good news all round. I guess that means then that we will be advertising for a new gardener as well as a cleaner.

Had a busy few days, including meeting up with Janet and poppyshake which was delightful as always, and we've also been looking at woodburning stoves as we want to put one in the front room of the house.  I've also started some sewing again, as it's been about six weeks since I've done any.  Nice to get back to the sewing machine, but it's eaten into my reading time.  I've had a lovely week off so far! :D

Glad to hear that Chesil. I have finished work for a week now and off to Malta at 7.30am tomorrow. This means a very early start at 4am to be at Gatwick by 5.30am. I won't want much breakfast at that time in the morning, buit will grab a coffee and maybe a yoghurt ot something from Costa - that's about all you get that's gluten free anyway.

Unlike other people who don't have to eat gluten free, I have to take loads of food with me (bread and cereal at least), which makes packing rather difficult. :motz: I would rather this though than end up starving or traipsing all over town looking for stuff that's safe for me to eat.    

Edited by Talisman

Hope everybody had a good weekend. I booked a couple of days off work and had a long one as it was my birthday yesterday and I refuse to work my birthday if I can help it. Had a lovely weekend went to a 1980s house party on Saturday then met up with my friend yesterday for some lunch and see a film. Saw Sing which was good. 27 but still love my animated films.

Then today went out for a wander round the shop and some lunch with my mum's mum and my dad's mum now at home and doing a little tidying.

Hope you enjoy your new car, Madeleine :)

It continues to be an expensive year - bought a new car yesterday!  Had to really as the old one is pretty much disintegrating before my eyes.

Sad to say good bye to a car but sometimes its just more cost effective to let it go. Enjoy your new wheels!

Hope everybody had a good weekend. I booked a couple of days off work and had a long one as it was my birthday yesterday and I refuse to work my birthday if I can help it. Had a lovely weekend went to a 1980s house party on Saturday then met up with my friend yesterday for some lunch and see a film. Saw Sing which was good. 27 but still love my animated films.

Then today went out for a wander round the shop and some lunch with my mum's mum and my dad's mum now at home and doing a little tidying.

Hope you enjoy your new car, Madeleine :)

Lau_Lou, glad you had an enjoyable weekend!

I hope you like your new car :).

I've phoned with my sister and done some household chores. Later this afternoon I plan to read for a while.

Just got done doing mine, ugh!

Got up and did my workout and 3.67 mile walk, then went out to get spinach and bananas and a sub for hubby. I had to dump all the unused (spoiled) veggies in my fridge and get the containers cleaned up for my shopping tomorrow. This led to bleaching the kitchen, which led to sweeping the floors and vacuuming the rugs, which led to wiping down the bathrooms. The original "trickle down" theory.

Anyway, its done and later this evening, I'll go over my shopping and to do list for tomorrow, do a little reading and research some stuff on the net. If I'm not to tired I'll do some pilates before bed.

But before ANY of the rest of the stuff can be done, I MUST have a cup of coffee.

Edited by Virginia

Thanks for all your good wishes - yes there comes a time when it's not worth spending any more money on a car, and the insurance is due for renewal in April, and when the insurance costs more than what the car's worth....should have changed it ages ago really.

Happy (belated) birthday :sign0072:! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Last day off before going back to work tomorrow.  My car is in for a service and MOT, so just waiting around for it to be ready to collect.  Caught the bus this morning to go up to one of my favourite coffee places, and then went into see my Dad before walking home.  Just got to the end of Dad's road and the rain started, but decided to go on, even though my umbrella is in my car :roll: and got half way home when the rain got really heavy, then turned to hail.  Still drying off, no doubt I'll just get dry when the garage will phone to say the car's ready.