Hamilton

Michelle

Just wondered if there were any other fans on here? Beth caught the 'Hamilton bug' first, and passed it on to her sister. It's been played in our house and cars so much that I've become quite a fan myself.

Today I've just bought them (and me) tickets for the London show.. in March 2018! Now we're waiting to find out who they're casting in it!

A lot of the people I follow on YouTube (they read YA) are massive fans and have mentioned the songs and the musical a lot (in their videos). I watched a few videos with trailers from the musical - couldn't see what the fuss is about. I thought, maybe you have to be American, but it seems there are British fans then too :).

I hope you enjoy the show though :).

My girls used to play the odd song in the car, which I thought were ok. Then on the way home from holiday they played the soundtrack all the way through, and once you start to put the story together with the songs etc it becomes really good. The early part of the show is about American history, but it then goes into his personal life as well, and it's a good story. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been to see it, and I very much doubt I ever will. Everything I've seen and heard about it so far has my teeth on edge. I'm not terribly interested in the storyline, but I tried listening to the soundtrack and actually hated the music. I am NOT a fan of rap and hip-hop, so I am probably rather more prejudiced against it than most people would be. Everyone I know (of the musical/theatre lovers) is going crazy about it, and I just can't get why. I an a HUGE fan of many musicals, but this is one that I can't see me ever getting on board with. :(