Which online bookstores do you use?

Michelle

Online Book Buying  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which online book stores do you use?

• Amazon
    • Book Depository
    • Wordery
    • Waterstones
    • B&N
    • Other

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I usually just use Amazon now. I find that I can't normally find anything I want at a better price from any other online bookstore.

Amazon for me too, for books and many, many other things, just in the last two days I have received a Bullet Journal, revision guide, a white board, a frost cover for the car and a box of Amazon Pantry goods. I have tried a couple of other companies over the years but none compare in price, speed or ease of use.

I use Amazon for eBooks but for physical books I use Waterstones as I'm collecting points for a nice reward sometime in the future. :)

(Plus I love walking into Waterstones stores and having a look around. Every time I see a Waterstones in the high street I let out a squeal of delight).

Edited by Angury

Mostly Amazon, occasionally Book Depository. I didn't know Waterstones did online. I've used their bookshops and Hatchards.

I don't rate The Waterstones website, quite often I can't find books I'm looking for yet I can find them instore or they can order for me, not as user friendly as Amazon either.

I tend to order most of my online books from Amazon.  I occasionally buy from Book Depository if it's a book I can't get on Amazon (or if it's too expensive or an edition not available on Amazon).

I have also bought from The Book People website once or twice too - I think both purchases were boxsets comprising of 10 books that I couldn't find anywhere else.  They were a fantastic price too!

I tend to always use Amazon. I am a prime member so I get my books the very next day. The downfall of using Amazon however is that they deliver between the hours of 7am and 10pm so you may receive your books whilst at work - here's hoping you have great neighbors like I do who takes packages in almost every other day - or it gets routed back to the dispatch company. 

I also like Amazon because I can track my parcels no matter the cost of them. For example if I purchase a book worth 2 pounds it will still give me tracking information and order details whereas some companies only give order information and no tracking info unless you pay an addition cost. 

Amazon is my place to go for sure. 

Mainly Amazon and Book Depository (who quite often tend to be cheaper than Am and do free delivery if I only want one book), Waterstone's and I collect from the store, occasionally Abe Books, and the Book People are unbeatable for collections.

Shock horror, sometimes Amazon isn't the cheapest. :) Sometimes Wordery has the same item cheaper but more often with used books I use Abebooks and find a seller there, or eBay occasionally. Mostly Abebooks though. I did vote for Other, Amazon, Wordery and Book Depository (although I've only bought from them via Amazon, I think).

Edited by Flip Martian

I only buy online if I can't find it in Waterstone's. I so enjoy browsing 'real' bookstores that online, but if I have to Waterstones, Wordery and Amazon. Somebody mentione 'Hive' to be me the other day..hadn't heard of that one.

I think the reason I have never clicked on the referral link is that Amazon.co.uk is one of the tabs that I always have open (when I start my browser, it's automatically there) because I'm always on it. Same with Facebook....I never have to open it, because it's the first tab in my browser.

I have started pottering around Waterstones again and as long as they are a good price will buy some.  But otherwise if I hear of a good book on here or I am looking at books on line I will give hubby a list of titles and he finds me the cheapest price which usually ends up being from Amazon and he adds them when ordering other things.

I don't think I've ever clicked on an ad to go to Amazon or wherever. If I was reading here, I rarely think "need to go to..." at that particular moment. To be honest, I rarely even notice advertising banners, I guess I just blank them out if its not what I'm reading at that moment on the page.