Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2017

Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a shame you didn't really like City of Bones. To each their own, I guess :).

I felt a bit sad not liking it (  :blush2: ), since i`d quite liked the film.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Rabbit Back Literature Society  :). I bought it recently based on Frankie's recommendation.

I forgot to say - it`s quirky. Hope you like it too. :)

I hope it will be fixed soon  :(! Good that they're repairing it! It's so nice having the internet to look up things like that  :).

Thanks - it`s fine now. 

Bit of a colour theme there, a new book challenge?! Hope you enjoy them all, when you get around to them of course! :)

:giggle2:  Thanks. :)  All of the Pat and Jean Abbott books have colours - I did wonder if it was one of the first series to link books in that way, with a theme.  :smile:

Bit of a colour theme there, a new book challenge?! Hope you enjoy them all, when you get around to them of course! :)

That is so cool! I hadn't even noticed it yet to be honest :blush2:. Well done on you for noticing :)!

Awww. :) All the new bird food is keeping my cat amused. :giggle2: ( She`s a bird watcher, doesn`t do much hunting. ;))

That's so nice :). One of my dogs is keeping an eye out for the bird food too, as she seems interested in the fatballs and peanuts. She's not getting any, but if it falls down (and that happens on occasion), she sometimes comes over and has a sniff (she can't get to it as it's in a net).

I felt a bit sad not liking it ( :blush2: ), since i`d quite liked the film.

I haven't watched the film yet, I think I'll do so in some months, after finishing more of the books. So my image of the characters in my head doesn't get tainted. I'm glad you liked the film though, hopefully I will too. Not everyone liked it so much.

I forgot to say - it`s quirky. Hope you like it too. :)

Thanks - it`s fine now.

I'm glad to hear read that!

Luckily none of our dogs has taken a liking to bird food, but the foxes used to nick the peanuts when the feeder was lower down in the tree.  Then the branch broke and we put it up higher, although they still sniff around underneath.

# 42. Dreaming Spies - Laurie R King

#43. A Year in search of Wa - Karin Muller

#44. At Home in Japan - Rebecca Otowa

#45. Kickboxing Geishas - Veronica Chambers

#46. The Complete Peanuts 1999-2000 - Charles M Schulz

#47. The Complete Peanuts 1950-2000 ( comics and stories, ephemera ) - Charles M Schulz

I don't think I've ever read a Peanuts comic, but I have seen it on TV when I was a child (I don't remember many details of what the story was about though). Oh, and we had an educational video game that involved the Peanuts characters, that my brother played when he was a kid. I remember that more than anything else. Did you enjoy reading the comics?

I used to love Peanuts, still read it in the paper every day.  We used to have a beagle and Snoopy is very accurate!

Those meal blocks don't last long in our garden either, think the magpies and starlings get on them and break them up, sometimes they're gone within 24 hours of me putting out a new one!

Edited by Madeleine

I don't think I've ever read a Peanuts comic, but I have seen it on TV when I was a child (I don't remember many details of what the story was about though). Oh, and we had an educational video game that involved the Peanuts characters, that my brother played when he was a kid. I remember that more than anything else. Did you enjoy reading the comics?

Yes ! Though, it was a bit sad reading the last one ( and knowing that he died a few hours before the last ever comic strip was printed in the paper ;( )

I put up the book list last night, using Kindle Fire, and got fed up trying to do it, so didn`t review any books.  :doh:

#42   Dreaming Spies - Laurie R King

One of the Mary Russell ( Mrs Sherlock Holmes ) Mysteries, Book 13. Chronologically, the first half of the book comes between book 7 and 8, and the last half is the latest adventure ( a story, and the follow-up years later). Mary and Sherlock are onboard a ship taking them to Japan from India, when they realise that something odd is going on. Plus, there`s a never-convicted notorious blackmailer as one of the ship`s passengers. 

It reads like one of the earlier, better adventures, mostly taking place in 1920`s Japan. :)

#43, #44,#45   3 non-fiction books on Japan. :)

Karin Muller - judo black belt - spent a year in Japan making a documentary, on Japanese Shinto and Buddhist rites, and older cultural things like sword makin and archery on horseback. Quite funny, she has a real can-do attitude, throwing herself into situations. 

Rebecca Otowa married a Japanese man and moved to a small Japanese village ; the book talks about her very old house working with the seasons to grow food and how difficult she found it to marry into a very traditional family.

Veronica Chambers interviewed women in Japan in various fields ( a hip-hop DJ, a geisha, an office lady ) to get an idea of how they were treated byJapanese laws and traditions. 

I used to leave Peanuts, still read it in the paper every day.  We used to have a beagle and Snoopy is very accurate!

Those meal blocks don't last long in our garden either, think the magpies and starlings get on them and break them up, sometimes they're gone within 24 hours of me putting out a new one!

There are 26 hardback books in the collection ; it`s fascinating to see how the characters developed. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...