Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Athena said:

I hope you enjoy all of the books you got :D!

Thank you ! :)

I must see about some more book pics when the newbies arrive ; currently, the dining room table is free of books ( because of the electrician coming over and needing to get around in the dining room without being crushed by toppling book piles ;) ) but I don't know how long that will last. Xiao-Xiao is now in the habit of leaping onto the table when her food appears ; I think she hopes to be fed at the table, rather than on the floor.:devcat:

19 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

She`s out adventuring atm ; I shall give her a Gaia Cuddle when she comes in. :D 

Awww thanks :D!

I had my hair cut yesterday at a friend`s house ; her daughter - who I`m also friends with - was getting rid of some books and I had a bit of a pillage through her collection. :D

Awesome :D! I hope you enjoy all of them :).

Also, here`s tonight`s sunset :)

Beautiful! I love taking pictures of sunset and sunrises, though it's sometimes hard to take a good picture as it can be prettier in real life than on camera for some reason.

4 hours ago, Athena said:

Awesome :D! I hope you enjoy all of them :).

Beautiful! I love taking pictures of sunset and sunrises, though it's sometimes hard to take a good picture as it can be prettier in real life than on camera for some reason.

Thank you ! :D  And I agree ; it`s difficult sometimes to get a wide enough view with sunsets, too. 

Utterly tipping down today ; Xiao-Xiao just went outside for a few mins, and is shaking her back feet now. :giggle2::blush:

Edited by Little Pixie

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve just taken out a 3-month free Kindle Unlimited subscription ( the Times newpaper has an offer for their subscribers, hurray ).  I`ve recently seen a few books whic I wanted to read, which also happened to be free on Kindle unlimited, so thought I`d take out the trial. :)

I`ve downloaded books by Rysa Walker, EE Holmes, Jim Lavene, JR Rain ( cosy mysteries and urban fantasy ). :D

EDIT - I`ve also taken soem of the British Library crime classics - and bought ( for 99p) the latest Death in Paradise book, Death Knocks Twice ( I can`t see it avaailbale on US Kindle, just the UK One ). 

Edited by Little Pixie

4 hours ago, Anna Begins said:

Let me know how you like Unlimited, but Amazon takes too much of my $$ as it is :D

I'm hoping it'll have the effect of taking less of my money. The main ones I've taken - plus Psychologies magazine - are ones I've wanted to read for ages. :)

I'm also hoping it'll make me get back properly into reading, since I have three months to read lots for free. 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, Little Pixie said:

I may have got some books...

The End of Mr Y - Scarlett Thomas  

I hope you enjoy your purchases. :) I read this one recently (haven't reviewed it yet), and while it was enjoyable I found it fairly complicated to fully understand. :blush:

The Sons of Adam - Eva Garcia Saenz ( book 2 in the Immortals series )

My first Kindle Unlimited book, it`s the follow- up to The Immortal Collection, and a direct follow-on of the story.  The first book dealt with Adriana, a young archaeologist who begins to suspect there`s something odd about the family employing her at the Museum in Santander... Like the first book, the second one isn`t great literature ( but that could be the translation from the Spanish ) but there`s a great storyline, wonderful characters and it`s a brilliant page turner. :) 

On 10/20/2017 at 7:34 PM, Little Pixie said:

^^^ Tried to edit again again for typos. Not only couldn`t I spell ` avaiulable`, but I can never seem to spell msyetreis. Gahhh !! :giggle2:

:giggle2:

I hope you enjoy your new books and subscription :D!

On 10/20/2017 at 3:47 PM, Little Pixie said:

I'm hoping it'll have the effect of taking less of my money. The main ones I've taken - plus Psychologies magazine - are ones I've wanted to read for ages. :)

I'm also hoping it'll make me get back properly into reading, since I have three months to read lots for free. 

Getting properly back into reading! You read a TON :D

18 hours ago, Anna Begins said:

Getting properly back into reading! You read a TON :D

:giggle2: I know what you mean, but I feel it`s in the doldrums lately. I was managing 15+ books per month, and lately, I`ve struggled to complete 1-2 books per month.

Still,I have some goodies to get to ,soon. :) 

What lovely pictures! You have great views, where you live :smile2:  

Have you watched the movie Julie & Julia? I loved it. It's based on a book that Julie whatsherlastname has written about her doing Julia Child's recipes. I hope the Julia Child book is good! :)  Coincidentally I just recently bought a copy of Julie & Julia :)

Edited by frankie

2 hours ago, frankie said:

What lovely pictures! You have great views, where you live :smile2:  

Have you watched the movie Julie & Julia? I loved it. It's based on a book that Julie whatsherlastname has written about her doing Julia Child's recipes. I hope the Julia Child book is good! :)  Coincidentally I just recently bought a copy of Julie & Julia :)

Thanks ! :)

And yes - I really liked the film, I thought Meryl Streep was brilliant in it.

I loved the Julie & Julia book ;  Julie came across as so real and funny. I'm tempted by her follow-up book, Cleaving. :)