Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2017

Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI!!! I replied to you in my thread when I first came back, from awhile ago, I don't know if you saw it or not, but it's great to see you again :)

I love Urban Fantasy, I haven't read that genre for awhile, I will download the sample!

What a cute kitty :wub:

3 hours ago, Anna Begins said:

HI!!! I replied to you in my thread when I first came back, from awhile ago, I don't know if you saw it or not, but it's great to see you again :)

I love Urban Fantasy, I haven't read that genre for awhile, I will download the sample!

What a cute kitty :wub:

Yes ! It's great that you're back on here. :)

I shall inform Madame Naughtypaws that she has another admirer. ;)

The first book is Daughter of Smoke and Bone ; I thought it was really clever, a new twist on the genre. :)

Ha ha We have Junior Water Paw (Water Paw is his Indian name :D) because he sticks his paw in the water bowl. And we have Pearl Dirty Fur because he doesn't like to wash his paws which are white socks (yes, a boy named Pearl lol we thought he was a girl when we rescued him walking around the neighborhood. He has a white "pearl" at the tip of his tail :P).

On 9/7/2017 at 0:51 AM, Little Pixie said:

I finished Dreams of Gods and Monsters ; an excellent end to the trilogy. Such lyrical writing, and a great, uplifting message. No spoilers, cos it would spoil the whole series, but if you enjoy urban fantasy, it's a winner, and one of my books of the year . :)

Hmm, might give it a look see. Well, starting with the first in the trilogy, of course. :) 

9 hours ago, More reading time required said:

Hmm, might give it a look see. Well, starting with the first in the trilogy, of course. :) 

The characters really stick in your mind. Hope you like the look of it. :)

Btw, have you tried EE Holmes ? She has a great trilogy too. 

9 hours ago, Anna Begins said:

Ha ha We have Junior Water Paw (Water Paw is his Indian name :D) because he sticks his paw in the water bowl. And we have Pearl Dirty Fur because he doesn't like to wash his paws which are white socks (yes, a boy named Pearl lol we thought he was a girl when we rescued him walking around the neighborhood. He has a white "pearl" at the tip of his tail :P).

Aw, cute ! :) those are great names.

Xiao-Xiao has taken to sleeping in my undies drawer ; I'm doing a ( much needed ) clear out, and there are drawers from a big chest of drawers on the floor, which she found and purloined. :lol:

Purrloined . Hee.:blush:

On 9/8/2017 at 4:36 PM, Little Pixie said:

Aw, cute ! :) those are great names.

Xiao-Xiao has taken to sleeping in my undies drawer ; I'm doing a ( much needed ) clear out, and there are drawers from a big chest of drawers on the floor, which she found and purloined. :lol:

Purrloined . Hee.:blush:

:D

I have a box for my shoes and one of our cats has taken a liking to sleeping in it. Someone told me, cat fur is either a condiment or accessory :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting over some silly cold, hopefully back to proper posting soon. :)

I did treat myself to some books :

The Grand Tour - Agatha ChristieThe Bon

You can buy happiness ( and it`s cheap ) - Tammy Strobel

The Black Widow - Daniel Silva

The Art of Detection, Laurie R King

The Bone People - Keri Hulme

The Quotient of Murder - Ada Madison

The Cretan Counterfeit - Katharine Farrer

Lips Touch - Laini Taylor

Mary Russell`s War - laurie R King

My Not so Perfect life - Sophie Kinsella

Conclave - Robert Harris

The Clever Guts Diet - Michael Mosley

:D

On 20/09/2017 at 8:23 AM, Athena said:

I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

I hope you enjoy all your new books :D! I haven't read My Not So Perfect Life yet, but I'm saving it up for a time when I really feel in the mood.

Aww, thank you.:hug:

We've got electricians in atm ; the house was built in the early 1970s, and it turns out that the lights weren't earthed at all. It's a wonder no-one was electrocuted. Anyway, tomorrow should be the last day, with a few more checks and rewiring, and the installation of a new fuse box. :)

10 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

We've got electricians in atm ; the house was built in the early 1970s, and it turns out that the lights weren't earthed at all. It's a wonder no-one was electrocuted. Anyway, tomorrow should be the last day, with a few more checks and rewiring, and the installation of a new fuse box. :)

:o That sounds so scary! I'm glad no one got hurt! Good luck, I hope the last bits to do will go well :).

12 hours ago, Athena said:

:o That sounds so scary! I'm glad no one got hurt! Good luck, I hope the last bits to do will go well :).

Thanks. :D

I'm still astonished that the Initial build was such an electrical mess. :o

One electrician is back to.morrow ; it turns out there's another fault, this time in the downstairs rooms. Using the stair light is tripping the fuse box, and he thinks that someone has put a nail or something similar through a cable, which is making a crossconnection. Hopefully, day 3 will be the final day, cos Xiao-Xiao is getting fed up of hiding under my bed when it's too noisy. :)

8 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Thanks. :D

I'm still astonished that the Initial build was such an electrical mess. :o

One electrician is back to.morrow ; it turns out there's another fault, this time in the downstairs rooms. Using the stair light is tripping the fuse box, and he thinks that someone has put a nail or something similar through a cable, which is making a crossconnection. Hopefully, day 3 will be the final day, cos Xiao-Xiao is getting fed up of hiding under my bed when it's too noisy. :)

I hope it will be finished today then :) (it's tomorrow now :P). Poor Xiao-Xiao :(.

16 hours ago, Athena said:

I hope it will be finished today then :) (it's tomorrow now :P). Poor Xiao-Xiao :(.

Thanks. :)

The electrician is popping back midweek, then that'll be it done. He's going to fit a better diode into the security lights, which will mean they're just as bright but don't suck up 500watts. :)

Madame is fast asleep in her snuggle drawer ; I don't think I'll put it back in the chest of drawers, she loves it so much. :D

9 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

The electrician is popping back midweek, then that'll be it done. He's going to fit a better diode into the security lights, which will mean they're just as bright but don't suck up 500watts. :)

That sounds good, I'm sure you'll be glad when it's done :).

9 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Madame is fast asleep in her snuggle drawer ; I don't think I'll put it back in the chest of drawers, she loves it so much. :D

Awww, so cute :kiss:!

On 24/09/2017 at 1:03 PM, Madeleine said:

We had the same with electrics earlier this year - had it fixed once and he did it all wrong, so had to have it done again, therefore ended up paying twice!  Good luck!

Yikes ! :o

Hopefully, ours will be okay ; one of our neighbours is a retired electrician and trained the one who did our work (  and came over to supervise a bit, too ). :)

On 05/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, Athena said:

Wow, that's beautiful :o!!

Thank you. :D

I may have got some books...

Into The Dim - Janet B Taylor  ( it looks Outlander-ish)

Head Case - Cole Cohen   ( a memoir, about a Post-Grad who turns out to have a hole in her brain the size of a lemon :o. )

Helen of Troy - Bettany Hughes

The End of Mr Y - Scarlett Thomas  

Earthly Remians - Donna Leon  ( 26th in the Insp. Brunetti series :) )