Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I`m copying this over from her FB page :

Five teeth out ! Five !!! Including an upper fang, so she now meows with a lisp. She`s doing so well - she was at the Vet`s from 9am-5pm, came home, jumped out of her cage and trotted to her nun-num bowl. She`s eaten really well since then. She didn`t want to sleep on my bed, but slept on my floor or windowsill in the night, and I got up and checked on her a few times ( she was so happy to get cuddles).

Phew, so relieved that`s over. :)

On 18/08/2017 at 3:17 PM, Athena said:

I'm glad she made it through allright and that she's feeling okay :).

Extra cuddles for her :kiss:!

I shall go and do that right now. Thank you. :D

Here`s a pic from a few minutes ago ; I startled her when she was washing her tail ( she suddenly looked up to see a camera).:lol:

DSC00918.JPG

She`s such a little sweetheart ; it`s awful that she has some health issues, but I`m thankful she has us to take care of her and pay for her health insurance, so she`s properly looked after. :)

She gets admired a lot, and I always say ` But she`s really clever too ! And caring !` :lol:

Erm, in an attempt to get over my reading slump, I may have bought some books. Because throwing money at the problem works, right ? :lol:

I've been doing a Stargate SG 1 rewatch and am up to S5, but don't have the two tv movies which they made at the end, so I ordered those, then had to get some books so I could qualify for free p and p.

I got a couple of Georgette Heyer detective novels, preordered Gone Gull ( the next Donna Andrews book in the Meg Langslow series ), and also got Among the Usual Days ( a collection from May Sarton ) and a newish Laurie R King - The Murder of Mary Russell. :)

Edited by Little Pixie

8 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Erm, in an attempt to get over my reading slump, I may have bought some books. Because throwing money at the problem works, right ? :lol:

I've done the same thing :blush::lol:.

8 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I've been doing a Stargate SG 1 rewatch and am up to S5, but don't have the two tv movies which they made at the end, so I ordered those, then had to get some books so I could qualify for free p and p.

I got a couple of Georgette Heyer detective novels, preordered Gone Gull ( the next Donna Andrews book in the Meg Langslow series ), and also got Among the Usual Days ( a collection from May Sarton ) and a newish Laurie R King - The Murder of Mary Russell. :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of SG-1 and the books you ordered :D!

9 hours ago, Athena said:

I've done the same thing :blush::lol:.

I hope you enjoy the rest of SG-1 and the books you ordered :D!

Thank you ! :) Yes, book- buying loopholes work for all of us. :lol:

Edited by Little Pixie

• 2 weeks later...

Oof, I hadn't realised I was so behind...

# 87.  All my Puny Sorrows - Miriam Toews.   Excellent.

#88.   A Thousand Pieces of You - Claudia Gray.      Urban fantasy. Not brilliant,but enjoyable.

#89.  Devotion - Dani Shapiro.    Okay memoir

#90.  At Seventy - May Sarton.    Memoir- lovely.

#91.  Hawthorne - Carol Goodman.   The final part of the Blythwood trilogy; not as good as the previous books.

#92.  Bethlehem Road Murder - Batya Gur.    Police procedural set in Israel. Good.

#93.  May Sarton : Selected letters 1955 -1995. Good.

#94.   Murder in Jerusalem - Batya Fur.   Good.

#95.  Letter from New York - Helene Hanff.  Excellent.

#96.  The Turquoise Shop - Frances Crane.  Good.

#97.  One coffee with - Margaret Maron.   Good.

#98.  Apple of my Eye - Helene Hanff.  Aww.

# 99.   The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt. Excellent.

#100.  Cross Talk - Connie Willis. Superb. :)

I managed to read a whopping three books in August, but all were goodies. I finished Cross Talk ( 500 pages ) in two days. A couple in love - or are they ? - have a brain procedure done which is supposed to enable them to feel each other's emotions... but something goes wrong, and shenanigans ensue. It's like a cross between a screwball comedy and a page-turning  thriller, and a book I look forward to rereading in the future. :)

I'm now 150 pages into Laini Taylor's Dreams of God's and Monsters, good so far.

On 02/09/2017 at 7:56 AM, Athena said:

Congratulations on reading 100 books :D!

I hope you enjoy Dreams of God's and Monsters :). I own the first two books in that series but I haven't started the series yet.

Thank you ! :)  I was quite relieved to finally get to 100 this year. :lol:

Hope you like the Laini Taylor series when you get to it ; I do think it needs to be read as one long book ( I struggled a bit at the start of Book 3, since it`s been ages since I read the first two). :)

15 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Hope you like the Laini Taylor series when you get to it ; I do think it needs to be read as one long book ( I struggled a bit at the start of Book 3, since it`s been ages since I read the first two). :)

Thanks, that's good to know :).

I finished Dreams of Gods and Monsters ; an excellent end to the trilogy. Such lyrical writing, and a great, uplifting message. No spoilers, cos it would spoil the whole series, but if you enjoy urban fantasy, it's a winner, and one of my books of the year . :)

I'm now reading Garth Nix' s Clariel, a prequel to the Abhorsen trilogy. I'm three chapters in, and it really hasn't grabbed me so far.