Bridget Jones` Baby - Helen Fielding

N.P. - Banana Yoshimoto 

Goldenhand - Gart Nix

One Coffee With - Margaret Maron

The Turquoise Shop - Frances Crane

The Waikiki Widow - Juanita Sheridan

The Devil in Velvet - John Dickson Carr

Change for the Worse - Elizabeth Lemarchand

I also ordered Kaleidoscope EP - Coldplay, and a couple of Kindle books - One way to Venice ( Jane Aiken Hodge ) and An Accidental Murder - J. New :)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Thank you. :D I just wanted the Coldplay CD, but then in order to get free p&p, I was ` forced` to order some books too. :blush::lol:

I think this is the best book-buying excuse I've seen :giggle2: hope you enjoy your new books!

13 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

And once I`d got enough books to qualify for the free P&P, I kept buying, cos then it was ` buy more books with free postage ! Yay ! ` :blush::lol:

I laughed out loud when I read this :lol::rolol::giggle2:.

I'm totally guilty of thinking similar things though :).

7 hours ago, Athena said:

I laughed out loud when I read this :lol::rolol::giggle2:.

I'm totally guilty of thinking similar things though :).

I must stop thinking of these loopholes ! There will always be books to buy and I don`t need to buy them all in one go. However.... :lol:

Another loophole I favour, is ` That`s a really good price and it`s out of print, so I should get it now while it`s still available`. :mrgreen:

19 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I must stop thinking of these loopholes ! There will always be books to buy and I don`t need to buy them all in one go. However.... :lol:

Another loophole I favour, is ` That`s a really good price and it`s out of print, so I should get it now while it`s still available`. :mrgreen:

That's true.. it's just hard.. when you want to buy all the books :D.

I also think sometimes 'Am I likely to encounter it again at a good price like that?'. And in quite a few cases, the answer is genuinely no. Sometimes it's yes, but.. I must still have it :giggle2:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes , she's a tortie princess ! :)

She got admired again yesterday ; a couple of neighbours came over for coffee and cake, which was really nice. One of them brought some cat treats too ! :)

I haven't been reading much lately ; I've had a string of migraines, and either haven't read at all or just feel I can concentrate enough to read the papers. We, not that this has stopped me buying - I did read the first Sigrid Something book by Margaret Maron, and got a couple more in the series. Written in the 80s, it's a series about a female nypd detective in New York. Not perfect, but still v. enjoyable. :)

7 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I haven't been reading much lately ; I've had a string of migraines, and either haven't read at all or just feel I can concentrate enough to read the papers. We, not that this has stopped me buying - I did read the first Sigrid Something book by Margaret Maron, and got a couple more in the series. Written in the 80s, it's a series about a female nypd detective in New York. Not perfect, but still v. enjoyable. :)

Sorry to hear about your migraines :(. I hope you can concentrate more on reading soon :). I hadn't read a book in over 2 weeks but yesterday managed to read a children's book (a library loan). I'm glad you enjoyed the book about the detective in New York :). I hope you enjoy the others in the series too.

9 hours ago, Athena said:

Sorry to hear about your migraines :(. I hope you can concentrate more on reading soon :). I hadn't read a book in over 2 weeks but yesterday managed to read a children's book (a library loan). I'm glad you enjoyed the book about the detective in New York :). I hope you enjoy the others in the series too.

Thank you. :D:hug:

Congrats on your read ! :)

• 3 weeks later...