Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, I'm so sorry about your Aunt.  Sending comforting hugs.  :empathy:

Also hope your flu is completely gone!  I had it last year, and it's nothing to fool around with! 

I absolutely loved the first several of Laurie R. King's Mary Russell books.......but was discouraged when King started leaving Holmes pretty much out of the equation. 

Awww she's beautiful :kiss: !

Happy Easter :smile:!

We've been watching Death in Paradise and just watched episode 6 (of series 6) yesterday. Only 2 left now! I'm sad it's almost over.

I think you've seen all of series 6, so here's a spoilery thought based on the first 6 episodes of series 6.

Spoiler

I quite liked Jack Mooney in episodes 5 and 6, he was funny.

9 hours ago, Athena said:

Awww she's beautiful :kiss: !

Happy Easter :smile:!

We've been watching Death in Paradise and just watched episode 6 (of series 6) yesterday. Only 2 left now! I'm sad it's almost over.

I think you've seen all of series 6, so here's a spoilery thought based on the first 6 episodes of series 6.

Hide contents

I quite liked Jack Mooney in episodes 5 and 6, he was funny.

From episode 7 :

Spoiler

Me too ! I really liked the ` Unfortunately, they ( the Police ) look like me` line. :smile:

Edited by Little Pixie

I'll read your spoiler once I've seen episode 7 :smile:!

I can't access that page, it asks me to login. It does seem to be free on Amazon UK when I go to the website and type in 'Robert Thorogood'! I don't have access to Amazon UK Kindle books, once I login it is unavailable. I checked and it's not free on Amazon US (which is where I get my Kindle books and what my Kindle is linked to). Wow. Lucky you, I hope you get it for free :biggrin: (there is another listing of it for £5.59) . I like it in paperbook anyway, so I'm awaiting the medium size paperback release. I think it will be released in July 2017, so let's hope so. It's almost $8 for me as Kindle book on Amazon US (I pay more than US citizens do because of taxes). I hope you get it for free :o!

I shall keep my fingers crossed ! :) If it`s a glitch - and if it is, I`d feel bad at doing the writer out of his money !  - or if I don`t get the book for free, I`ll wait till there`s a 99p offer ( as I did for the previous books ). 

I hope the paperback drops down in price for you. :(

On 15/04/2017 at 5:50 PM, Little Pixie said:

Death Knocks Twice - Robert Thorogood

I`m not sure this freebie can be right ?? :o

Well, that was odd.   I just clicked on your link and got a 'thank you for your order, Janet' page - but when I click on my orders there is nothing showing up.  I hope I haven't paid for whatever it is!

Edit - hmm - it says it's a 'pre order' and that I'll be charged on 27th June.  I hope I don't end up paying for it!  :unsure:

Edited by Michelle
link changed

15 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I shall keep my fingers crossed ! :) If it`s a glitch - and if it is, I`d feel bad at doing the writer out of his money !  - or if I don`t get the book for free, I`ll wait till there`s a 99p offer ( as I did for the previous books ). 

I hope the paperback drops down in price for you. :(

Thanks :). I'll be buying it off a Dutch website and I expect it'll be about the usual price of that website for English books.

How odd about the link! It asked me to sign in, since I don't have auto-login enabled, so I didn't really notice as I didn't sign in. I hope they're not going to charge you, Janet and Michelle!

18 hours ago, Janet said:

Thanks, @Michelle   :)

I'm sure it will be okay, @Little Pixie - I know Amazon have good customer service, and I've saved a screenshot just in case.  :)  

Has the order shown up in your Amazon order list at all ? Mine has - with price £0.00 - but when I got the order email, there was a blank where the price would normally be. :)

18 hours ago, Hayley said:

Aww they're such lovely pictures! Very cute cat and very pretty tree, I love those (is it called a magnolia?) and blossom trees in Spring :)

Thank you ! Yes, that`s next door`s magnolia, which Xiao-Xiao enjoys climbing. :)

56 minutes ago, Little Pixie said:

Has the order shown up in your Amazon order list at all ? Mine has - with price £0.00 - but when I got the order email, there was a blank where the price would normally be. :)

Ah-ha, it has. Thanks. :)