Little Pixie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:hug:

That sounds like a nice idea :). I hope you enjoy your re-read :D.

Thanks. :D  Sometimes you just want to snuggle up with old favourites ; last night, I ended up reading till 4am *gulp* `cos I kept thinking ` just a few more pages....`  :giggle:

I've long stopped counting my tbr piles, after all there could be worse things to worry about!

Erm... That`s true. :giggle2:  On the other hand, in a few years, the house could be filled with Book Tunnels and I`d be on some TV Hoarding show.  :hide:

The only thing is- you'll actually put a dent in that :D Here's looking at another 200 (or so?)

Yes - I`m aiming for 200 ( or at least, 100 ) . It`s the enthusiasms for new authors which get me into trouble ( I must have around 70 Richard & Frances Lockridge books, bought over the past couple of years  :giggle2:  ) and which suddenly make that TBR bulge...  :smile:

Your cat is so cute, that was such a well timed picture!  :D

The Book Thief, Neverwhere and David Copperfield are three of my favourite books, I hope you'll like them! And hope you have a great reading year getting through your tbr pile! Although, I don't think a house of book tunnels sounds like a bad idea...  :giggle2:

Cat trapped in garage door. :o

Fortunately, the cat, Bella, was okay.  :smile:

:o  that looks awful! So glad it was a happy ending!

Your cat is so cute, that was such a well timed picture!  :D

The Book Thief, Neverwhere and David Copperfield are three of my favourite books, I hope you'll like them! And hope you have a great reading year getting through your tbr pile! Although, I don't think a house of book tunnels sounds like a bad idea...  :giggle2:

Thank you ! :)

Xiao-Xiao loves climbing on the table to hug all the books.  :giggle2:

Bitterly cold wind today - gusts of up to 75mph and a few trees down - I popped into the Hospice Shop on the way back from the Optician`s, and got :

An American Spy - Olen Steinhauer ( £1.50 )

Kolymsky Heights - Lionel Davidson ( £1.75 ) - I`ve wanted this one for a while, so yay. :)

Books read : 10                        TBR 868              New Books Bought : 04                       Total Cost : £ 03.65

Edited by Little Pixie

Happy reading in 2017 Little Pixie  :hug: Having looked at your lists I suddenly feel so much better about my TBR :lol:  But then you read twice as many books as I do so you will chew through yours a lot quicker. Good luck! :) 

Edited by poppyshake

Happy reading in 2017 Little Pixie  :hug: Having looked at your lists I suddenly feel so much better about my TBR :lol:  But then you read twice as many books as I do so you will chew through yours a lot quicker. Good luck! :) 

Thank you ! :D

I`m trying to think of my TBR as a gift, not a curse.  :giggle2:

I really struggled with Kolymsky Heights when I tried to read it last year... barely got 50 pages through it and was very disappointed considering my copy had a glowing reference from Phillip Pullman on the front (not that they mean anything!). Saying that, it is supposed to be very good so maybe I just didn't get into it properly. *shrugs*

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. :yes:

Edited by Ben

I really struggled with Kolymsky Heights when I tried to read it last year... barely got 50 pages through it and was very disappointed considering my copy had a glowing reference from Phillip Pullman on the front (not that they mean anything!). Saying that, it is supposed to be very good so maybe I just didn't get into it properly. *shrugs*

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. :yes:

Thanks ! :)  It`s a bit of a lottery getting charity shop books - sometimes they`re there `cos of someone cleaning house, or because someone just couldn`t bear the book.  :giggle2:

Goodness - I feel a lot better about my TBR having seen yours! Judging by similar comments, you are performing a public service :giggle2:

I hope you have a brilliant year of reading in 2017. 

:giggle2:

Thanks ! :) 

If I can get someone to feel better about their TBR - and then buy even more books - my work here is done.  ;)