Newbie Here...

korrie

Hi Korrie.

You have come to the right place! I joined about 16 months ago, and like you I felt a bit out of my depth, not recognising authors and titles, but you soon catch up and find out which ones interest you. It's a good place to be.

Hi KirstyKat .

Glad you found us. Don't be shy... just jump in. No one will ever criticise or question your choices in a disparaging way, as our mods would squash it straight away. So test the water, knowing that everyone is here to help and welcome you. I think Michelle will move your post to your own introductory thread, where we can give you a proper welcome.

Go girls! Enjoy!

Pp

Hi Renniemist...U will adore the Red Tent. It was bought for a friend. It wasn't something I would normally read but I'm so glad I did. Its a definite page turner! Let me know what u think of it. Thank u for your greeting. Its so nice having so many people welcome me!

Thanks Korrie. I am going to bump the Red Tent to nearer the top of my huge TBR pile.

Hi KirstyKat. Glad you could join us. :lol:

Hi Katie. So u are planning on moving to Pennsylvania? What brings u here? I can't imagine wanting to move from FL to here but I guess thats cuz I've been here all my life.

Well... I miss spring, fall, and winter, and I'm TIRED of so much summer!!! I miss the seasons, I miss the doffodils and crocuses and lilacs... I miss the fall leaves... I miss the snow and the sharp sting of cold air on your face... I miss cool evenings, all bundled up in a sweater or sweats... I miss trees with leaves that ripple in the breeze (palm trees don't)... I miss shade (FL has precious little, since palm trees don't shade much more than their trunks)... I'm tired of annual fire and hurricane seasons... I want to be close enough to family that we can go for a drive to visit them on the weekend... I miss seeing hills and/or mountains in the distance (the highest point in FL is something like 500 ft.)... and so forth.:lol:

And THAT'S why I love Pennsylvania and would gladly move from here to there if I could!

Well... I miss spring, fall, and winter, and I'm TIRED of so much summer!!! I miss the seasons, I miss the doffodils and crocuses and lilacs... I miss the fall leaves... I miss the snow and the sharp sting of cold air on your face... I miss cool evenings, all bundled up in a sweater or sweats... I miss trees with leaves that ripple in the breeze (palm trees don't)... I miss shade (FL has precious little, since palm trees don't shade much more than their trunks)... I'm tired of annual fire and hurricane seasons... I want to be close enough to family that we can go for a drive to visit them on the weekend... I miss seeing hills and/or mountains in the distance (the highest point in FL is something like 500 ft.)... and so forth.:lol:

And THAT'S why I love Pennsylvania and would gladly move from here to there if I could!

Katie... I hear ya about the seasons. The only thing I would change is having a longer Fall/Spring and not so much darn winter! I like snow for Christmas but after that, I hate it! I get cabin fever when we get so much that we can't go out. Of course, my oldest son LOVES it. Also, when the leaves turn, Pennsylvania is a beautiful area. I can't blame u when it comes to the fires/hurricanes. The hurricanes alone are enough to keep me from ever wanting to live in FL. In fact, when I visit family in FL, we always go in early summer to avoid the hurricane season. I live in a rural area, in a town in which we just got our 2nd red light within the last year! Its not easy to find something to do but small towns definitely have their advantages too.

I live in a rural area, in a town in which we just got our 2nd red light within the last year! Its not easy to find something to do but small towns definitely have their advantages too.

Sounds great! That's exactly the kind of town I want to live in! I don't WANT to have so much shopping and everything so close. When we want to "do" something, we end up shopping... and spending money we don't have to buy stuff that we don't need and don't have any room for. There's nothing else to do, since we don't care for the beach. You can't go for walks without taking a shower in bugspray first. You can't go for a hike through the woods, because FL's version is scrub with stinging plants that will eat you alive if you stray from a cleared path.

And then, my dh has a rough time avoiding junk food because he works on the road and there is fast food and convenience stores on every corner! We want a healthier lifestyle where there's hiking right outside our backdoor to do... we want to live in a place were we can have a garden, and were we can hopefully get fresh milk from a nearby farm or something.

*sigh*

Hi Korrie,

I am new here,too, but don't worry - it was awfully daunting at first, but everyone is so welcoming and so one tends to settle in really quickly!

I love to spend time on this site (when I am not reading). It is great to chill out with other bookworms when I get home from work. I just dash round with the hoover, duster and polish, stick a load in the washing machine, and either curl up with a cuppa and my cat and a book, or go on the Net until hubby comes home from work.

I hope that you settle in soon and I look forward to hearing about what you're reading/what you have got on your reading list.

Take Care,

Kirstykat:sign0144:

Hi Katie, Ugh! I forgot about the bugs!! The counties you mentioned in Pa are actually very close to where my husband and some buddies own hunting land, near state game lands. Its only about a 2 hour drive from where I am. Its a beautiful area up there.

KirstyKat, thanks for the message. I posted on your welcome log.

Carm, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really glad I found this site. I look forward to talking to u again!!